-CHAPTER 12-

(Edited)

(Meeting the number three: part 2)

I stay up all night, tell myself I'm alright

I put the record on, wait 'til I hear our song

Third Person Pov

"..why I feel something is off..?" Asahi asked, "what do you mean?" Sugawara looked at him and hit him, "negativity begone! You are just being negative, Asahi!"

If that's what Sugawara believe then that's what is it.

Kageyama followed Maki and he succesfully manage to not get rid of by Maki.

"Hey, king!" A nasty nickname from the opponent's players. Kageyama glare however a smaller figure tap their shoulder and smile, and said, "go to the gym." Kageyama felt Maki tense up. "Kageyama-san go to the gym." He did not expect those statement from her.

"But-..?!" He couldn't argue when he saw her eyes, it intimidate him and he failed to cover his expression when he saw that.

"Leave." He bit his lips and nod. He hesitate to leave but if he decide to stay longer the atmosphere between them will suffocate him.

-

"..hi.." She ignored his greetings and rush towards him, the strength of hashira never failed to amuse the former upper moon three.

As if the strength of the former hashira never lost even her era already passed.

Her hard fist collide with his face, he stumbled and on his peripheral vision he saw a feet coming towards to him, he put his arms near on his body to shield it but it's useless.

He fall and Maki grab a glass bottle and smash it on the wall that is in his back and pointed it at him.

"I cannot deal you on this way." His heart is throbbing, it is like his rib will break because of it. "Greetings to you, former demon."

It feels like he is showering with all of his sins on his past life. The former demon that once goes with the name 'Akaza', hearing the word 'demon' makes him want to puke. He remember everything that hurts.

"What's your name?"

"Soyama Hakuji..."

"Mhm.."

"I deserved that." Hakuji said which he received a hummed.

"Our fight is still not done-" Hakuji tensed up to hear those words, "-it's not even starting. We came here for volleyball, let's deal it on that way."

-

The aoba johsai shiver when they felt a pair of eyes glare at their direction. "Hakuji-kun..?" their manager, Koyuki, asked. Hakuji looked at her and gave her a dry smile.

Koyuki gasped and touched his cheeks, gently trying not to put any force to him everytime he touch his face, Hakuji tried not to meet her eyes, "a demon slayer is here..?" He hummed, "Hakuji-kun.." 

The atmosphere become more cold once Koyuki and Maki sense each other, it seems like Maki suddenly felt uncomfortable hurting the former demon now that the former fiance is standing on his side.

"A hashira.." He explained, "oh.." that's her only reply.

On the other side, Sugawara tap her shoulder, "is there a problem?" She shaked her head, he looked at her hands only to see it shaking. "O-oh.. I see.." She only hummed on his reply.

Another silent.

"Coach." She called Ukai, who looked at her, "what is it L/N-san?"

"Can I play?" And their team got eaten by loud silent.