Chapter 11

Mirabel's POV

"Okay, so, what do I do?" I asked myself softly not wanting the strange man to hear me or else I'm doomed. I can't just go there without a plan or some strategy, right?. "I've never fought a human before but meh. I can do this" I once again mumbled to myself and stood up. I'm sorry, Abuela and Abuelo if I'm gonna use it against a man but its for everyone's sake.

"But what if I'm wrong?" that thought froze me. What if I'm wrong? Abuela for sure will kill me. I took a deep sigh and started walking to the man who seems like to feel my presence, he looked at me and took his hood off. Yep, I've never seen him before. "What do you want, young lady?" the man asked me as I stopped walking, giving a 3 meter distance from him. "Uh, I don't feel like I saw you here before, Sir, how did you get here? And care to tell me your name?" I asked the man who is reaching out for his pocket 'what's that?'. "My name is not important. Also, I got lost and I discovered this place"

The man stated that I refused to believe. There's no way that he 'accidentally' found this place. I already secured it. "Sir, may I know what's in your pocket?" I asked of course with formality since what if he's a guest of Abuela or anyone. "Uhmmmm this?" the man questioned me and took a little knife out of his pocket. Tsk. "So, you're form beyond this mountain, huh. What are you doing here-" I couldn't finish my sentence when he ran towards me. He was about to stab me when I dodged him easily. "Sir, stop" I said still calm but deep inside, I'm nervous because I don't wanna hurt this man. I just want answer.

The man stopped running and looked at me while fidgeting the knife. "Well, you know, I'm kinda glad that you're the one who noticed me and not your muscular sister" well, yeah because you'll die. "I've got to fight the weakest Madrigal, huh. What a lucky day" he said once again and swing his knife in my face but I dodged again. "How do you know about us when you're not from here?" I asked him while dodging but let a small gasp when he managed to cut my right arm a little. "You guys are popular here in your town. Madrigals have powers in them, except for you" he smirked and attacked me again but I didn't let him hit me this time. I snapped my fingers and in a matter of second, my dress change and I'm now floating. The man looked at me in shock "You're wrong" I said and using my air, I made him also float. "They said you don't have a gift. The teen girl with green glasses" he said and managed to get out of my air. Well about that, we decided to not let everyone know about my gift because for sure some would wonder. I made sure to still help the people behind their backs though.

I lowered my right hand, making the air to drop me carefully. "Sir, I want you to give up. I don't wanna fight you" I said but he refused to listen to me. "You know what, Ms. Mirabel, let's fight fairly" Well that's a bad idea. I do know some self defenses and attacks but I don't think that's enough to defeat this strange man. "I wanna have a fair fight, if you use your gift, of course I'll lose" Well, obviously.

I raised an eyebrow to him but he just laughed. "Give me a good reason to why would I" I said and snapped my fingers and my appearance turned back to normal. "If you beat me..... let's just say that I'll give you the information you want and if I beat you, simple, you lost" he said and laughed like a psycho like he is.

I stopped for a few minutes to think. The thought that I could lose made me nervous. But if I win, I'll get what I want. Well, looks like there's no much choice left for me. "Deal" I said and the man immediately ran towards me. He swung his right arm aiming for my face and his left to kick me. I grabbed his arm making sure that the blade wouldn't cut me and his leg with my right hand. Using my left leg, I kicked his stomach as hard as I can, making him to fall on the ground. "You're quite good for a little girl" he said and immediately got up.