Chapter 19

3rd Person's POV

Things started to get intense. Sound of fire here and there. Mirabel, Luisa, Agustin, Camilo, Felix and Bruno, fighting Lero's army to protect the family and the others staying behind but most of the enemies focused on Luisa and Mirabel since they are the ones who actually know how to fight.

Luisa clenched her fist once again and punched the last man who was fighting her. Though that didn't rest her easy, she took a deep breath and ran to Camilo's side and helped him. Luisa is strong but don't underestimate Lero's gremlins. Since Lero have been planning this for a long time, some of his men are still skilled enough to actually land a hit to everyone even Luisa and Mirabel, making the fight did last long.

On Mirabel side, she tsk when some of the men she defeated, managed to get back up and ran to her. She clenched her fist and also ran to them and greeted one man with a punch that finally knocked him out. She smiled, but that disappeared when some men surprised her with a knife swinging at her direction that managed to graze her arm. The man didn't stop, he even tried to kick Mirabel but she blocked it that just lowered the impact due to her situation. Lero's men landed some punch and kick on Mirabel but she didn't gave up. Not until she made these men leave.

Mirabel grunts and grabbed the man's leg but he just let Mirabel be and decided to threw a punch on Mirabel that surprisingly landed on her that made her step back. Julieta and Agustin saw this and couldn't help but pray that this thing would be over soon. Two men ran together at Mirabel but she jumped at them and kicked each of them at the face. She kneeled on the ground since the two is now knocked out and wiped the blood out of her nose and wiped the dust out of her 'suprisingly isn't destroyed glasses'.

She put them back on and looked around and saw that the others succeeded to defeat their opponents. She smiled at them, stood up and went to them. Agustin and Bruno ran to her while smiling. "Are you okay, Mira?" Agustin asked her daughter worriedly but she just smiled and patted his shoulder. "My niece, since when did you learned those moves?" Bruno asked that made Mirabel chuckled. "I've been training ya know? Wait now's not the time to celebrate" She said and once again faced Nero and started walking towards him.

"What are you doing Mira-" Mirabel cut Isabela "Don't worry" Mirabel said and stopped walking when she got infront of Lero. "What do you intend to do?" Mirabel asked Lero with a serious face. "You did a pretty good job there, young lady but to answer your question, like I said, I'm here to take something.........." he stopped talking. He leaned over to Mirabel and smiled and leaned back in. "You know what? You kind of remind me of Pedro". Lero said and Mirabel just rolled her eyes. "Well, obviously. He's my Abuelo" she frankly said that kind of pissed Lero.

"That's not what I meant" he said and looked at Cesar. Lero did a finger thingy that signaled Cesar to come to him. Lero grabbed the candle  out of him. Mirabel tried to take it but Cesar kicked her. "Step back, lady" he said. Everyone in the family is now even more pissed at Cesar and Lero right now.

"BASTARD! Don't kick Mira" Isabela yelled and went to Mirabel. "You okay, Mira?" Isa worriedly asked. "Yes, I am. Now stay with the others" Mirabel ordered Isabel who seem to disagree. "No. I'm supposed to protect you" Mirabel smiled that confused Isabela. "I'm okay. Go help Luisa and the others. They seemed tired" Mirabel tried to lit Isa's mood for a bit.

Isabela just looked at Mirabel and started walking to the others. "Tch pathetic" Lero mumbled but Mirabel managed to hear it. "Now what is that one thing you wanna take?" Mirabel asked and started walking to Lero's direction again and secretly getting ready to fight them again since she realized that some of his gremlins and Cesar are about to make a move anytime soon.

-----------------

So if you're wondering why they can't use their gift if the candle if okay. Well in this story, the candle should be just held by the Madrigal family except for Lero of course for the gift to work. So, yeah, they can't use their gifts even though Lero is a Madrigal🙂.

If you wanma ask some question, go ahead😊