oh this is awkward!

i'm running. running for my life whilst facing bright flashing lights and explosions. i'm trying to hide behind a car, everything goes so fast. i start falling down a long, dark hole. my heart starts racing and with every beat, more sweat starts to build up on my forehead. everything starts spinning around me.

until i wake up. i'm sweaty and feel very hot. i try to calm down my breathing whilst reassuring myself that i'm safe. i looked over to my phone, laying on the bedside table.
6 A.M....
"shit! i thought that this madness is over if i escape.."i mumbled whilst sitting on the bed. i figured that i couldn't sleep anymore, so i got up and took a shower. i took my clothes off and stepped into the shower. the water is too hot. every drop of the hot water that burns into my skin, feels the same way that my past does. it hurts and a shiver goes down my back. i adjust the temperature quickly, not wanting to get burned.

after the shower, i wrap a towel around my hair to prevent it from dripping all over the bedroom floor. i take out the clothes that i want to wear for the day... a quite loose, cuffed, ripped blue jeans, a grey hoodie and a long, chequered coat is always a safe choice, right?

i picked out the coat because i wanted to go for a walk. i quickly blow dried my hair and then put on the clothes that i put on the bed. i topped off my fit with my beloved doc martens...i really love those shoes.

i grabbed everything that i needed and unlocked the door of my room. i smiled with excitement as i stepped into the elevator. 5...4...3..2.. and finally, 1! the numbers change on a little display. the door of the elevator opens and i quickly step outside and walk towards the exit.
7:30 A.M
ahhh, the sun is slowly rising and the cold, fresh air quickly takes up all of the space in my lungs. i let out a satisfied sigh. i looked around for a bit and decided to go to the "central park". i assume that it's some sort of park, even tho that it's strange because it's literally in the middle of a big, stunning city.

i begin walking and i check out the atmosphere and the people here in new york. i see mostly business people, or at least a lot of men in suits, carrying around cases. the traffic is really busy, since everyone goes to work at this time of the day. i'm looking at the high skyscrapers and the big billboards all over the city. i think that it's weird to put advertisements....well, everywhere.

i search for something in my backpack...nope, that's my tazer.....also nope, that's a gun, yeah you heard right, a gun. you can never be safe enough when you're on the run from a monster that took advantage of you when you we're small and vulnerable. well, after what felt like forever, i finally found my desired object. my airpods. i bought them yesterday because i saw so many people walk around with them.

i tried to connect the airpods to my phone. "сука!" i said, cursing because it won't work. i looked down at my phone, still walking because it's a quite long walk to the central park. finally, when they paired, i started to play a chill playlist. i just picked up a few songs from the radio. a wild mix of mitski and tyler, the creator such as nirvana. i held my gaze on the ground, so i could see where i placed my feet. when suddenly, i felt a collision.

i fell to the ground and groaned as i looked around me. i saw a girl about my age which seemed shocked with long black hair, also wearing a chequered coat and blue jeans, looking at me. her blueish grey eyes were filled with guilt and embarrassment. "omg i am so sorry i didn't realize that you were there and- omg i am so sorry- i-" she began to stumble out whilst trying to help me get up and failing. i quickly got up, wiped myself off and helped her get up too. she was blushing and tried to talk again as i said "it's alright, i didn't see you either" with a smile formed on my lips. when she noticed my russian accent, she swallowed hard and laughed awkwardly. "by the way, uhm i- my name is kate, nice to meet you" she said with her hand reaching out, wanting to be shaken. my heart started to beat faster because i'm not used to this. this is socializing, Y/n, pull yourself together. "uhm it's nice to meet you, kate. i am Y/n" i returned with an uncomfortable glance at her hand. i shook it and pulled it back immediately after. the both of us just stood there for an awkward minute and tried not to embarass ourselves even more, even tho that wouldn't have been possible to be honest. "well it was nice meeting you, kate but i- uhh i-i gotta go now. bye and have a good day" i stuttered out because of the amount of awkwardness and social anxiety that is rushing through my body right now. "oh uh well i- ok uhm, have a great day Y/n" kate said while smiling and waving. i waved back and walked away fast from the situation.

but oh my...
her eyes, like a snowy mountain. yet breathtaking but also calming..

her hair, dark like the trees in a rainy forest with a slight tone of an amber brown at the tips..

her lips, looking like god drew them by hand. so perfect and smooth, rosy and plump. like a pillow..

her...personality..the way she acts.. her looks...her body. everything about her is...irresistible and beautiful..

i get snapped back into reality when i suddenly realize that i lost my airpods at the impact. i walk back and try to find them. there they are! on the concrete. luckily, they're perfectly fine. unlike me. i am definitely not fine.. what is that feeling that is growing in my stomach when i think about kate? it feels like my stomach is tingling and my heart starts to beat faster.. what has she done to me? what is this feeling? is it guilt? fear? or love? no,no,no it can't be the third one.. you don't fall in love with a person after knocking them to the ground accidentally and standing there awkwardly for a couple of minutes. it doesn't work that way, or does it? well i don't know..

i continue my walk to the central park as i listen to my playlist. when i finally arrived, i sat down on a bench next to a big tree. the tree was really tall and was also massive as hell. i was an ant compared next to it. i looked at it and how the leafs moved with every breeze. it was magical. sometimes, snow fell down and landed on me. i shook it off and grabbed into my backpack. i pulled out a bottle of water. i drank the last sip out of the plastic bottle and threw it in a bin.

i wanted to get coffee so i went to starbucks. i slid my card through the card reader and enjoyed my hot latte. i went back to my apartment and since it's almost 12 p.m, i start to cook something. since i'm not a good cook and i only have a microwave in the hotel room, i just made myself some mac and cheese. i spent the afternoon thinking about kate and how i could see her again... those eyes, they were just so adorable and perfect... damn it, Y/n, you gotta stop... you're not in love...and i also watched a couple of movies...
then at approximately 5 p.m, i drifted into sleep on my couch.

—————————————————————————
1426 words

this was part 2 of my first story!
this one is a bit longer than part 1. like promised!
i hope that y'all enjoy it and like to read it <3
btw, the story will be written in first person view and also in second person view. maybe even in third person, but if that's the case, i'll say it before hand.

<3