i am in love...clearly

the same day, 1 p.m
yelena and i walked to my hotel room. today, i had to check out.
i unlocked the door and i pushed it open. i sighed for a second and then i started to walk in. i went over to the bedroom to grab my clothes from the closet. i tried to stuff them all into my bag but i couldn't fit them all in. "YELENAA!" i yelled from the bedroom, hoping that she hears me. " WHAT IS IT?" she yelled back from the living room area. the bedroom and the living room area are separated by a wall. "COME HERE REAL QUICK!" i yelled again. in the next second, she stood right next to me with a questioning look on her face, one eyebrow lifted.
"i can't fit my clothes into my bag" i said whilst shrugging my shoulders. "girl, you need a suitcase" she quoted. "oh no shit sherlock" i said jokingly whilst rolling my eyes. "wait i have one, just let me walk back to the tower and find it amongst other things that are stored in a big ass closet, dust it off for your majesty and then let me hand it to you" she said sarcastically. "very funny, belova number two. well i need to go buy one real quick." i said, waiting to get a reaction to the "belova number two". "what the fuck did you just say? belova number two? why are you the number one? i bet that i am the older one of us." she said, wanting to get a response from me.
i just shrugged my shoulders and nodded. "bet? you really bet?" i asked her. she nodded aggressively in response.

time jump, the same day, 3 p.m

after the suitcase scenario and the little chat, yelena went back to the avengers tower because she had to get some work done, and i went shopping for a suitcase. i walked past a lot of shops that sold suitcases, but they just weren't fulfilling my requirements. one was too colorful, one was to small, the other one had not enough pockets to store stuff in. then i found the perfect and ideal suitcase for me.
i bought it and walked out of the store. i'm walking around new york with a suitcase in my hand and a confused look cause i don't know my way around.

back in the hotel, 4 p.m

i finally could fit all of my clothes into the suitcase. i smiled in excitement as i closed the zipper. i packed all of my other things together ( those weren't many things ) and put them in my bag. i quickly checked if i could leave the room behind like this. i was proud of my work and closed the door behind me. i made my way down to the receptionist and told her that i wanted to check out. i slid my card through the reader and left with a smile as it got approved.

great. i'm in the middle of new york, carrying around a suitcase and a bag like i'm some sort of homeless person. i called an uber to drive me
to the apartment i rented. it is a big, spaceous place with beautiful features. i was so excited to finally step in and call it my home.

when we arrived, i thanked the uber and payed him with a tip. i organised everything whilst being on the flight. the apartment has a big living area, two bathrooms, two bedrooms (one of them being a guest room) and big windows that reach all the way to the ceiling. it was my first place to ever call home. i waited for the owner infront of the building. we set a time so they could give me the keys and so i could sign a contract.

i waited for approximately 10 minutes until i heard a happy voice greet me. "oh hello there! you must be Y/n belova, right?" a lady with blonde hair said "i'm mrs. miller. the owner sadly couldn't be here today because plans got in the way. but i got here so you can get handed the keys to this wonderful apartment and sign the contract." she said whilst shaking my hand energetically. " yes, i am Y/n belova, nice to meet you, mrs. miller" i said with a smile. the lady was kind of shocked when she heard my accent at first. well, i guess that's a common reaction, because i think that people can't tell that i'm russian until they hear me speak. "then we shall go in, right? we got some stuff to do!" she said.