let's get this over with

Y/n POV
we looked in eachother's eyes and kept cuddling. we cracked a smile and giggled. suddenly, i felt kate's sudden change of emotion. she sank her head to my neck again. i felt something wet against my neck...was she crying? what was she doing?

i let it happen until i could hear her struggle to breathe. i pulled away from the cuddle so i could see her face. she had puffy eyes and tears were streaming down her face. "hey, hey it's okay...i'm here." i comforted her. we sat up and she was sitting on my lap, her legs pressed against my thighs.. i lifted up her chin with two fingers so i could look her in the eyes. she wanted to avoid the eye contact.

kate's POV
i couldn't bare it anymore. Y/n is so wonderful but i'm scared that i would put pressure on her because of my mom... i started to cry but i wanted to hide it. i don't want her to see me like this. i know it hurts her too...

when she lifted up my chin so she could look me in the eyes, i looked down immediately. "what's wrong? why are you trying to hide?" she asked softly, her hands now cupping my cheeks and her thumb wiping my tears away.

"it's- it's nothing.." i said, lying because i didn't want to make her sad. "it's fine, you can tell me. i'm here for you." she said, whispering.

"it's just my mom. i know that she'd never approve of this. i love you, i dearly do, but i don't know if i can handle my mom.." i said, gripping my hands around her wrists.

"it's okay. i love you too. we'll figure it out, okay? i won't let eleanor hurt you. i promise you. even if i'd have to take a bullet for you." she said, shedding a tear. i couldn't do anything but cry even more intense after her sweet words. my vision was blurry and i almost couldn't breathe anymore.

she now pulled me closer so she could kiss my forehead. she also pulled me closer to embrace me into a warm, comforting hug. i let everything out, without hesitation. after a couple of minutes, i could say something again. "thank you, Y/n... i don't know what i would do without you, seriously." i said, my voice breaking. "anything for you, sweetheart" i heard her say. my heart melted at that pet name.

Y/n POV
it was now 8:50 a.m. i had to be at the tower at 10 a.m. "kate?" i mumbled. "hmm?" she hummed. "i need to get up. i'm meeting up with yelena at 10 a.m. she has to talk to me about something important." i said, not wanting to leave her alone. "okay, i'll allow you to get up" she said, smiling and moving off of my body. i slowly got up, yawning. "im gonna go shower now" i said, walking to the closet to pick out clothes. "okay....i guess i'll be waiting for ya right here" she said with a sleepy voice, she was clearly still tired. i made my way to the bathroom and closed the door.

i quickly showered and dried myself off. i put on the clothes that i took with me. ( you can imagine your own outfit this time :) ) i walked out of the bathroom and made my way to kate. "and what are you going to do, sleepy head? i said teasingly. "i don't know to be honest...how about i come with you to get breakfast? or do you not-" "-that'd be a great idea, kate." i cut her off before she could finish talking. i smiled. she just worries too much about making me uncomfortable. but that's fine. it's probably because of her mom. a shiver was sent down my back at the thought of eleanor.

"well do you want to get up?" i asked her. she nodded in response. i held out my hand to pull her up from the bed. "so uhh i don't know what to wear, i only have my tuxedo and a coat" she stated to confess. "just take whatever ya want out of my closet, i don't mind" i said, giggling.

after i went out of the room and waited for her to get ready, i slipped on my shoes. kate walked out of the room and took her coat off the coat hook. "girl you look better than me in my own clothes!" i said, having a shocked expression on my face, jaw dropped to the ground, eyeing her up and down. "oh don't be silly, Y/n" she quoted, giggling. she put on her coat and so did i. "you look great, damn!" she said, taking a good look at me. when she saw the rings on my hands she suddenly blushed.