at home again

yelena's POV
y/n laid the blankets over me, covering every part of my body. i wore a hospital gown and a blanket was laying on my body, reaching from my feet to my stomach. after she was satisfied with her work, she stepped away and looked at the nurse.

i could see that she was upset with the nurse and i just sent a thanking nod and smile in her direction. she looked at me and grinned.
the nurse then proceeded to grab a hold of the tube once again. my sister was watching everything with attention, to see if the nurse was hurting me.

the nurse pulled out the tube, which was reaching all the way down to my lungs and i scrunched my face together in pain. it was so painful, that i almost went in full self defense mode. but y/n grabbed my hand and reassured me that it's okay.

when the tube was out, my nose instantly started to bleed. y/n looked at me shocked and then at the nurse. the nurse grabbed tissues and held them under my nose.

"could you hold this for a minute? i'm going to tell the doctor that you are awake." she said, directed to me. i shook my head and then tried to lift up my hands.

"seriously now? she can't even lift her goddamn hands let alone move her body. i'll do it." y/n said, looking at the nurse again with a threatening glare. i could hear the nurse gulp and she tried to say something before walking out of the room, shutting the door.

"unbelieveable...anyways. did you try to move your hands?" y/n asked me, looking at my hands that were resting under a heated blanket. i just nodded. she held the tissue to my nose whilst holding her other hand on mine. she grabbed it and carefully drew tiny circles on it with her fingernail. "do you feel that?" she asked.

i just nodded and she moved the trail of circles up my arm, asking me if i could feel it. i felt everything, but i just didn't have the strength to lift my arms or move my body just yet. i was really dizzy and my head was pounding.

"do you want to see nat or someone else?" y/n asked. i thought about it for a second and then responded.

"yes. i'd like to see nat too. could i have some water? my throat is so dry" i said, closing my eyes and gulping. y/n just hummed and the two of us waited for the nurse to return.

after a couple of minutes, we heard the door open and we looked at it as we saw the doctor enter the room. he walked over to us with a smile and then a confused expression on his face.

"are you twins? you look exactly the same. is it just a coincidence?" he asked, grabbing a chair to sit next to the bed. i nodded and then smiled.

"so... agent belova, technically, you wasn't allowed to visit her, because she was very unstable. although, i have some news." the doctor explained, looking at y/n for the first bit.

we both looked curiously at him, waiting for him to continue.

"can i call you yelena? it's so confusing to have two people in the same room that look exactly the same. and can i call you y/n?" he said, laughing and looking over to my sister as he said the last part. we both nodded.

"so. yelena. your iron level was extremely low, that was the problem. that's why you passed out. to solve that issue, i'll give you iron pills that you have to take. i'll explain it when you are safe to go back to the compound. secondly, i am convinced that you can leave the hospital soon. BUT you can't leave for your assigned mission on monday. you're not stable enough. you will need rest until your iron level is normal again. do you understand?" the doctor explained to me.

i felt y/n's hand tighten around mine and she looked in my eyes. "but she'll be fine soon, right?" she asked worriedly. the doctor nodded.

"when am i allowed to leave? i want to go home." i said, pouting slightly. the doctor sighed and explained, that i can go home as soon as the iron level rises. maybe even today if i'm lucky. although, someone has to be on my side, just in case i pass out again. y/n and i just nodded.