i think that she's going to help me

i woke up at around 9 p.m that day again. i didn't get a lot of sleep. i woke up with the mac and cheese bowl rested on my lap and the TV playing a random show. i slowly got up and put the bowl of mac and cheese on the coffee table. i booked the room for two nights since i'd be moving into an apartment. i already picked it out whilst i was on the flight to new york. i also took well enough money from dreykov so i wouldn't have to worry about those problems.

well, it was 9 p.m and i didn't feel sleepy anymore and i was bored. i figured that it would be cool to go and do a little bit of sight-seeing since i'd spend quite a long time in new york. i packed my stuff that i needed in my backpack, grabbed my coat and went out. i was still wearing my blue jeans and my doc martens.

i left the hotel and stood in front of the tall building. i looked at a map that i picked up when i had an opportunity today. the empire state building?? twin towers memorial... hmm not quite interesting... the avengers tower?i mean, the tower looks really cool tho, so maybe giving it a glance wouldn't hurt at all. so i started walking.

it was a cold, chill night and quite bright because of the lights and the advertisements. i kinda felt safe. maybe that was, because i'm carrying a gun and went through a lot of training in the red room. but anyways, the city kind of gives me good vibes by just looking at it.

after what felt like forever, i stood in front of the infamous avengers tower. it looked really modern and also quite beautiful. it was aesthetically pleasing to me. i noticed some benches infront of the tall building so i just sat one them whilst listening to some music and inhaling the refreshing air. i heard the doors open and i quickly turned my head to the right as i heard it. i saw someone walk through the door. i didn't see the person's face. suddenly i felt a light touch on the left side of my head. my head immediately snapped to my left and i took a look at the person.

i instantly froze. "какого хрена?" (what the hell) i said, looking at the person. "who are you" the blonde haired girl asked me with a russian accent, being sceptical. she was holding a gun to my forehead. i froze in shock... why did she look like me.. "my name is Y/n....Y/n belova" i said, really confused. when i said the word "belova" her gaze dropped to the floor such as her gun. "uhh i- who are you if i may ask and why the hell do you look like me?" i said.
"sister" she mumbled under her breath.
"wait what? who are you?" i started to get really outraged. "yelena. yelena belova"
my heart sank to my stomach when she said her last name. was she my sister? twin sister even? why is she here? "im really sorry that i didn't come and rescue you, please forgive me" she said whilst pulling me into a hug, putting the gun away. i allowed the hug and i was just confused. was she talking about the red room? THE red room i was in?

"i guess that this is going to take a long time for you to explain" i mumbled whilst still hugging her. she just nodded and i could hear her whimpering and crying. i tried to comfort her as good as i could.
"uhm do you have somewhere to stay or not?" she asked with her voice still breaking a little bit.
"yeah. i have a hotel room and i'll move into an apartment soon." i answered her question. she just nodded and asked shyly if we could go there to talk about everything because it wouldn't be a good place if we did so right here. "yeah, sure. as long as you don't pull out a gun." i answered with a smile on my lips.

we went to my hotel room and yelena immediately let herself fall on the couch. "yo is this your room or mine?" i said, jokingly. she just giggled and said "i'm sorry i am just really tired" with a really tired sounding voice. i sat next to her and i started our conversation with "so you came here to explain everything, right?" "yeah, you know i just saw you and it creeped me tf out since you look exactly like me and yeah, so it all started when...." she told me the whole story. how she was raised in a fake family, that she was in the red room and many other things. she is indeed my sister. and i didn't know. i feel really dumb.
by now, it's 12 a.m and we're both really sleepy and tired. we decided that yelena is gonna stay here, sleeping on the couch. we went to bed, said "good night" to eachother and fell asleep.