antidote

the four of us walked out of the meeting room and took the elevator to the bottom floor. as we stood in front of the building,i grabbed kate's arm and pulled her away from yelena and nat. "i'm sorry that you can't come with us. stay safe, okay?" i whispered to her.

"okay. you too. i love you." she whispered back. i put my hands around her waist and kissed her goodbye. "i love you too" i said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. she pulled me into a hug one last time and then let me go. she walked away whilst waving at me and winking. i smiled and waved back.

"lovebirds. y'all are literally so cute. you almost got me crying over here" yelena said, almost melting.
"yeah okay i think i can take that as a compliment, right?" i looked over to nat.

nat's thoughts : *damn that almost got me tearing up. the red room really took the most important part of her life away from her.*

"yeah i guess so" nat said, laughing. she walked over to the driver'side. "get in the car, kids" nat said sarcastically like a karen. "i'll sit in the front" i said to yelena.

"forget it, i will!" yelena snapped back. we tried to push eachother. the both of us wanted to sit in the passenger seat. "i swear to god just get into the back seat. both of y'all!" nat quoted, slightly annoyed.

the whole car ride was silent. yelena and i were busy being pissed at eachother whilst nat looked into the rear view mirror every now and then, cracking a laugh at how childish we are. we arrived at the compound. it was huge and there was a forest fenced around it. we got out of the car and they brought me to a training room.

yelena held a document in her hand and a pen. "what is that yelena?" i asked her. "it's just your document." she said.

"wait, my document? how the fuck do you have MY document? i never gave you it." i said, confused. "well when nat was at the red room to rescue me, she stole the copies of the documents of every widow that was being trained there. you were at the red room too." she explained.
"okay." i said neutrally.

"let's start with seeing what you've been taught. it says here that you exceeded all of the test scores. let's test it." nat said, looking at the document that yelena held. nat stepped into some sort of boxing ring with me.
i was wearing my jeans and the shirt i threw on. she started with grabbing me from the back, holding my arms. i quickly grabbed her arms, twisted them so she'd have to turn her back to face me. i held her arms behind her back and pushed her to the ground.

"alright alright, can you please let go now?" she said, her face being pushed against the floor. " yeah sorry" i said as i stepped back from her.

"i'd say that you passed. good job, Y/n" yelena said. i nodded. they continued to test other scenarios too. like being pushed to the ground with the arms behind the back. i held the promise the papers said.

they also did a health check on me. turns out i'm completely healthy and in great athletical shape.

also included was a test on how good i can handle different weapons such as knifes, guns and tazers.

"well Y/n, turns out that you passed these tests flawlessly. the goal of all of this, was to find out if you're too big of a threat to New York." nat said. i gasped. a threat? me?
"wait what? me? a threat? no. no no no. i'm not a bad person!" i said, defensively.

"i'm sorry, Y/n, you're actually a big threat. you fought and won against nat easily. she is said to be the best widow ever. no one beat her. and she can be really dangerous." yelena said politely.

"i don't understand. what do i have to do now? stay in prison or what? what are y'all doing with me now?" i said, clenching my fists not knowing how to react. "first of all, we need you to calm down. second of all, no. we're just going to spray you with an antidote. trust us. it just helps you." nat said, calmingly. *i don't understand. don't they see the good in me? why do they assume that i'm going to go around and just murder people out of the blue?? i'm not a cruel person* i thought.