Part 24

HARRY’S POV.

I pulled into the Tim Horton’s parking lot and looked over at Hailey I could tell she was thinking about something because I had already parked and she made no notion to even move staring blankly ahead of her. I gently squeezed her thigh to snap her out of her trance, reluctantly she yelped turning the glare at me a slight blush forming on her cheeks. “We’re here love” I said softly

She looked around taking in her surroundings. I watched as she took a shaky breath hesitating to open the door, god she looked so vulnerable, she really needs to stop worrying I felt so bad for her, she shouldn't have to choose “Look, I’ll be here when you come out, and I’ll support whatever you choose.” I said honestly, as much as I hated to loose someone like her I knew that no matter who she chose I was going to stay by her side, heck if I had to I would make up with Jake just so I could be there to protect her.

“Thanks Harry, I’ll be back in a bit.”  She smiled weakly. She opened the car door and walked over to the entrance taking one last breath before entering. And there she goes. I thought to myself, this could either come out great and I would have my chance, or it could come out bad and I would have to wait even longer to get her. I couldn't let that happen, I wanted so bad to just hug her and kiss her without worrying about someone else, I wanted to show her how much I really cared for her, how I’m not what the world puts me out to be. I remembered the first day I met her, how she said I was only a flirt.

I clenched the steering weal as I thought about her worrying that I would hurt her. God I would never in my life ever dream of hurting her, she has gone through so much in the past two years, and I have to remember that, she trusted me, she opened up, let me into her bubble I cant screw this up not this time.

I sat in the car relaxing a bit while I taped to my own beat on the steering wheel. I huffed checking the time. God its only been 5 minutes. I pulled my phone out.

‘Can you get me a coffee on your way out love Xx –H’

I don’t know, maybe that’ll lighten the mood a little. I thought to myself.  I waited a little longer till I saw Hailey and Jake walk out… together… fuck I thought to myself. Well I guess if she chose Jake I’ll support her. I tensed when Jake walked over to my car showing the extra coffee cup in his hand. To say I was nervous was and understatement, I was scared shitless. Reluctantly I opened my door hopping out kicking the door closed while Jake handed me my coffee, I accepted the worm cup placing it in my cold hands.

“We need to talk.” Jake said with a straight face. I admit although Jake wasn't the biggest kid, I was surly  intimidated by him. Worriedly I took a glance over my shoulder at Hailey who just shrugged mouthing ‘Good luck’ while taking a sip of her Ice-Cap I took a breath turning to Jake. He nodded towards his truck and I followed, we reached his red FORD when Jake turned around leaning against his truck. “Look, I know you like Hailey.” He started.

“I… Uh..” I couldn't get anything else. Jake kept a straight face as he talked.

“Look we broke up.” He huffed. My eyes went wide in surprise “Yea, I know but it was for the better, you know I liked her since the fourth grade and when I found out about Blake and I noticed how controlling he was, believe me I wanted to protect her more than anything, I didn't want her to ever get hurt again, I swore on my life I would protect her which is why she became my girlfriend, it took a long time for her to settle into me, trust me.” He said “I loved her believe me, and a part of me always will, but she’s not happy and that’s the one thing I didn't want.” He managed to keep a straight face the whole time “and when I saw her last night and the way she looked at you, the way she settled just by the simple touch you gave her and the way you protected her even when she pushed you away I knew then that I needed to let her go. I acted like a jerk last night and I don’t want to do that to her again.”

I nodded in understanding my stomach doing flip-flops was he actually going to let me have her? I thought to myself.

“Look I want to say sorry, I hope that some day we will be cool.”

“Yes, definitely.” I smiled.

“Now, I want you to look mad like i pissed you off OK  I want to make it look like I said some pretty horrible things just to get Hailey worried OK?”

I nodded in agreement.

“Good, now I’ll see you, maybe later, I think my family is going to be over at Hailey’s house this weekend.” Jake stood up straight and headed to the drivers side and hoped in his truck. I backed up letting him leave, I stood there watching him leave, my back faced Hailey I clenched my fist holding back a grin my now half empty and cold coffee cup crumpled in my fist, I turned to the nearest trashcan throwing out my cup and heading back to my car trying to keep my cool and a scowl on my face. I walked past the driver’s side over to the passenger side whipping Hailey’s door open and tugging her out of the car.

God I couldn't hold it in anymore I was torturing myself, keeping my feelings for this girl all bottled up. “I hate you.” I growled before cupping her head in my hands and placing my lips onto hers, it shocked her at first but as soon as I moved my hands to her waist and pulled her closer she settled, wrapping her hands around my neck and playing with my curls, god I wish I could get more.

Hailey giggled against my lips, I pulled away with a puzzled look on my face “What?” I asked.

“You taste like Maple syrup and Coffee” he laughed, seriously…

I wiggled my eyebrows “Well you taste like Chocolate coffee.” I smiled “Now lets get home before to catch a cold.” I said guiding her back to the car.

We sat silently in the car driving back to Hailey’s house, it wasn't the silence like it was on the ride there, this time it was relaxed as I drove, my hand laced with hers.

“So what did  Jake talk to you about?” Hailey suddenly asked.

“Oh wouldn't you like to know.” I smirked

 “Oh come one!”

“Nope, sorry I’m afraid I cant say” I said smugly. Hailey huffed

“Fine.” She said with a scowl

I smirked and pulled into her driveway parking the car, by now it was snowing and the wind was blowing so hard making the snow blow everywhere I stepped out of the car immediately hit by the cold, I shivered making my way over to Hailey’s side opening the door before she could. “Cold?” she smirked

“Fucking freezing, how are you not? You don’t even have a jacked on!”

“I live here, it gets way colder than this.” She stated.

“God I’m so glad it doesn't get this cold in London” I shivered.

Hailey laughed. “Lets get you inside, wouldn't want you to catch I cold.”

“Yea, right cause then you couldn't do this without getting sick.” I said before giving her a brief kiss.

Hailey rolled her eyes “I think I can live.” I said before running up the stairs into the house. Why the hell does she do that!? 

-------------------------------------------------

#677!!!!!! you guys are amazing!! 

im sorry if my updates become less because my school has started up, but at the moment i have pre-written some chapters so i will post another one tomorrow night some time :)

so now y'all know what Jake said to Harry, do you think the two of them will ever be friends?

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!

Love you all <3

~Mich