Part 12

HARRY'S POV

My mum and I drove home in silence for a little while till she turned to me and asked "Why her Harry? Why do you like Hailey, what made you like her that fast?"

"You know that feeling when you see something or do something and you know that that’s what you want and it was meant to be?" I explained

"Like love at first sight?" My mum questioned

"Yes, exactly." I said lowering my head watching as my fingers fiddled with each other.

"Well I can’t be mad at you, if you really have feelings for her, don’t give up." she said placing her hand on my knee.

"I know but mum she won’t even talk to me, I screwed up" I said as a lump started forming in my throat.

My mum looked at me questionably waiting for me to continue.

"I answered her phone, she had left to talk to Niall and her phone went off, so I picked it up and answered it so I could pass on the message to her." I said pausing to clear my throat. "But when I told her what I did and what Jake had said, and then I told her that Jake was mean and that I just didn’t want her to get hurt by him." I paused to take another breath holding back my tears.

"Well, you are here to get your mind off things, so we won’t talk about Hailey anymore, you are going to enjoy these two weeks here and when you go back you are going to start fresh and carry on with the concert." she stated.

I nodded in agreement, when we finally pulled up to our house.

I opened the car door heading to the back seat to get my things.

"Hey Harry." my mum called "I'm going out tomorrow, why don’t you ask that Val girl you met to that dinner date you were talking about" she said with a wink.

I nodded my head in agreement "Ya, alright, sounds good" maybe hanging out with Val could be a good thing. She can help me get my mind off of things.

I got in the house and proceeded to my room pulling out my phone to call Val

The phone rang twice before a nervous voice answered

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, it’s Harry."

"Oh hey Harry" she said excitedly. "What’s up?"

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering..." I trailed off "would you... Erm... maybe like to go to dinner tomorrow" I asked Smooth Harry, very smooth NOT! Why the hell am I so nervous, I was wiping my hands on my pants trying to wipe the sweat off, which only made them sweat more.

"Ya, sure!" she said

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Sounds like a date" she said with a giggle. I chuckled softly. She told me where she lived and we Hung up. 

I looked at my clock it was already 11pm and I was exhausted.

I curled up on my old bed, oh how I missed lying in this bed, and it is more comfy than those stupid hotel beds I have been sleeping on for the past two months. I let out I huge breath and closed my eyes falling asleep in no time

***

I woke the next day at noon. I got up off my bed stretching my arms above my head and heading down to the kitchen where I found my mum sitting on a stool at the counter drinking a cup a tea and reading a book "Good afternoon sleepily head" she said taking another sip of her tea.

I put my arms around her hugging her from behind giving her a kiss on the cheek "You know, even if I meet a girl and fall in love, I will still always love you just as much" I said to her resting my head on her back.