Chapter 20 - Stormy School Camp

The morning came, the day we go on an excursion for four days and three nights. The dawn chorus of melodic birdsong drifted in. I rubbed my bleary eyes, as we the students waited for the bus to come.

7 am. I checked my phone. Almost all the students had gathered. I yawned feeling tired and sleepy. The morning breeze swept, giving me chill down my spine.

"I am so excited that I didn't even sleep." Said Sunoo, eyes tired but excited at the same time.

"It's early in the morning and you have so much energy." I said, yawning again.

"Yeah. Look at Ni-ki." Jay pointed. The blonde boy had his head rested on Jake's shoulder, looking so peaceful. "He is already dead."

"W-when w-will the bbbus co-me?" Jungwon shuttered, his arms around himself. He wore a t-shirt and his track jacket missing, no wonder why he is cold.
And I made sure not to leave the chance to tease him. "Awo~ Baby yang is cold?" I teased.

"Tsk." He made face. "Give me that jacket." He snatched my jacket which was in my hand a second ago.

"Ya!" I shouted at him and he clicked his tongue out. He was proudly wearing the jacket with my name on it. I decided to let him be.

"The bus is arriving." Heeseung said, walking and followed by Sunghoon and Haneul who went to bring us soft drinks.

"Okay students! Go to your respective class teachers! They will give you the instructions. Each class will take one bus." The teacher shouted, and the crowd started to gather in a group.

"Ahh I want to stay with y/n!" Sunoo whined, holding my arm while jay tried to separate him from me. I stood awkwardly

"Sunoo! They will be away for only couple of hours." Jay convinced him. "We will meet them at the camp. Let's go or the bus will leave us."

Sunoo whined. "Byee-" he waved us.

___

I stepped inside the bus after putting my bag in the bus trunk. Jungwon and Sunghoon was sitting together and behind them, Haneul was sitting with Heeseung. I always used to sit beside him.

I didn't have a pair, sitting with other than them was a no. I got no choice but to sit separately.

I looked at them. Haneul looked down at her lap, avoiding eye contact. "Should I change the seat?" She asked. They looked at each other, awkwardly and feeling sorry.

Heeseung was ready to stand up but I interrupted him.
I smiled, trying to look fine. "It's okay. I will sit behind."

"Y/n.." heeseung said and I smiled trying to reassure him.

I sat at the last row, beside the window. The distance was long. All I could see was their back.

I kinda felt lonely. I want to sit with them. I thought but shook those thoughts away. I plugged my ear buds and listened to music.

"Can I sit here?" Husky voice spoke which was familiar. I looked at the said person, my eyes lost life. All the worse memories rushed inside my mind as I looked in his eyes.

"What do you want, Sam?" I fumed, wanting to beat the shit out of him.

"Just want to sit. All the seats are taken except this one." He said.

I rubbed my forehead in frustration. "Whatsoever." My luck sucks!

"Thanks." He sat down. I moved trying my best to make our space bigger as possible.

I could see Heeseung glancing at us multiple times, mostly glaring at Sam. I smiled at him and mouthed 'i am okay' which was a lie. Absolutely I am not okay! I want to reach the destination as soon as possible when the bus didn't even start moving.