Chapter 27- Close yet far away

THE NEXT DAY, the morning sun greeted the city, the green leaves started to grow as the pink blossom leaves fell of the trees. The butterflies flew gracefully, beating it's wings up and down. The Seoul city getting lively again.

You had your breakfast with bread and jam, after shoving the last piece into your mouth, you grabbed your bag and keys. After putting your head into the matter last night, you made your decision to not bring up your emotions in between him and you. You wanted to put your feelings for him aside for now.

You unlocked your door and was greeted by fresh breeze. You closed the door behind you and locked it. You heard a click door sound, turning your attention to the lad beside you.

Your heart raced itself and your cheeks starting to burning but you composed yourself. "Good morning." You greeted the raven hair boy with a smile.

He averted his gaze from you. "Oh yeah." He said, and gave you a smile which looks forced. He went back to locking his door.

You blinked for a second, confused about what just happened. Did I imagine it? You asked yourself but shrugged the thoughts away.

Both of you walked side by side but none of you spoke a word. You played with your fingers in awkwardness. You had no idea why the air was so awkward and silent.

By the time you reached the class, you two successfully spoke nothing all the way here.

"Oh. Heeseung. Y/n." Jungwon waved his hand, after seeing both of you entering the class. Sunghoon also turned his attention towards you and smiled.

"Sunghoon and I was just talking about last Saturday." Jungwon shared, his eyes sparkling in bliss. "It was fun right?"

You nodded in response after setting down your things.

Jungwon waited for a respond from Heeseung but received none as he stared at the raven hair boy.
You turn your gaze to Heeseung and he was just staring at nothing and looked lost.

"Heeseung?" Jungwon called, and finally Heeseung snapped out from his thoughts. "Yeah?" Asked the raven hair boy.

"You looked lost." Jungwon said, staring at the raven hair boy. "Are you feeling unwell?" He asked.

You remembered he had fever last Saturday so you thought that he had it again. "Did the fever come back?" You asked, getting genuinely concerned. You raised your hand to check his temperature again. Your heart scattered in a second after Heeseung slapped your hand away. Heeseung had his eyes widen a bit from what he just did.

Jungwon and Sunghoon looked shock because everyone knew that Heeseung would never do something mean that would hurt you but he just did. They both looked at each other, air got heavier than it was before.

You were taken back by his action and hold your hands together. You recalled his reaction early that morning. He's different from how he usually is. Was I not imagining it back then? You asked yourself but you snapped your thoughts away by the buzzing sound of bell. The first period started after the teacher entered the class right on time.

Your mind wandered back and forth to what just happened as you looked at your hand. You peeked at Heeseung from corner of your eyes. You heaves a sigh and tired to bring yourself together.

________

Your mind was still wandering about the raven hair boy. You heaves a sigh yet again as you entered the class after visiting the washroom. You stood right in front of the door and saw Jungwon talking with Heeseung who seemed smiling along with him.

"Oh y/n." The class mentor called you, drawing your attention to him. He was placing the books on the table. "Can you take this books to the library?" He asked.