Chapter 38- in my distant memory

With the passing time, the grey sky swept over the busy streets of the city. You could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. You looked at the clock; you got ready to do away with the works as it was time to go home. You changed into your clothes and bid goodbye to other co-workers.

You opened the door and stepped outside, the cold rain drops sprinkled diagonally with your loose, flowing raven hair. People ran for cover and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. You got ready to step into the rain as you placed your bag over your head.

You splashed a few steps until an umbrella blocked the rain from you. The familiar aroma hit your nose, you looked up at the person holding the umbrella. You stared into his dark orbs eyes rimmed with long eyelashes which state into yours. Heeseung's lips curled up into a smile and without you trying, your lips curled into a smile too.

_____

The next day, the morning sun rose up with the leaves carrying the drops of dew. You wore your summer uniform, short sleeve shirt and above knee length skirt. You picked up your bag and waited for Heeseung to come out.

The click of the door started your bright and happier day as he came out of the room. His lips curling up into a smile seeing you. He also wore his summer uniform; short sleeve shirt showing his muscular biceps without him trying, his bag hanging over his shoulder.

He took a step closer towards you, "good morning." He greeted you.

You noticed his tie crooked a bit so you raised your hands and fixed it correctly. "Done." You smiled at him. "Good morning to you too."

To your surprise, he quickly and softly placed a kiss on your forehead earning a quiet squeal from you. Your eyes flickering around, he smiled cheekily. "Let's not go to school today." He said, his hands holding yours.

"Huh? No, we can't." You firmly said, despite what just happened you maintained your composure.

"Please. Today is perfect for a date." His showed you his puppy eyes.

You shook your head and tried to get away from him.

____

It was your first time to actually bunk classes except the time when you were locked inside the toilet by the bullies. Any ways, it was your first time to intentionally bunk the classes but you felt good about it.

His hand held your hand and walked together across the foot path with almost no one around as it was a busy week day. The two of you been walking around the beautiful scenery you never knew exist.

The day was getting hotter with the start of summer. In the haze of the day, you could feel the sweat dripping over your forehead. To that, he noticed it and took out handkerchief, and gently wiped the sweat. He looked around to rest for a while. "Should we rest inside for a while?" He asked, pointing the karaoke in front. You nodded in response.

And here were you inside the karaoke hub, silence enveloping the room. So, you decided to break the ice. "Umm can you sing?" You offered him to sing.

"Yeah, I do but I am not really good." He replied.

"It's okay. It is waste to do nothing." You said. "Can you sing for me?" You offered him the mic.

"Got no choice then." He took the mic from you and chose a song to sing.

Music fills the air without effort, like the waves filling holes in beach sand. His eyes closed, he took a deep breath and exhaled, he opened his eyes. His eyes soften as he sang the song.