Sentimenal items

At 4:45 in the morning just 4 hours after she'd been disturbed Rory woke up in her sleep wide awake. She couldn't remember the dream she just experienced if it was bad or good. She wasn't experiencing morning sickness, it was odd she'd woken. But she was unable to fall back to sleep.

She sat up and saw her closet door cracked open with a box stuffed inside it keeping it from closing and sighed.

She got out of bed trying to shut it but the box wouldn't budge. She pulled it out removing the tape that sealed it. She opened the box to see it bestowed in-front of her, the rocket and she sighed looking to her phone.

Her finger had wandered over his contact numerous times the past three weeks but she knew she had to talk to him soon. She looked more into the box to find old photos and some of his shirts and hoodies. A pair of keys to their apartment and other sentimental items. Her eyes clouded up as she looked at it all. She stood up and sat at the edge of her bed and stared at her phone

After a few minutes she clicked his contact and went to messages. He'd sent her a few texts just checking in, she knew he wasn't expecting a response. She never expected to send him one. But in this moment she felt so small, smaller than ever before.

She began to type and soon she clicked send.

Hey Logan, I know it's been awhile but I have something important I need to talk to you about - Rory

Her nerves pilled up inside of her and before she could think her phone was thrown on the bed and she was rushed to the bathroom. The tears came down her face and she hadn't even received a response yet but the tears were there. She didn't even know if it would be better or worse to get one.

She sat on the ground trying not to wake her mother or Luke but desperately wanting to sob. She never felt more alone or lost. New York was a long shot, she was a loser, a nobody, the great career she dreamed of. The one she ended her long term relationship over, was non existent.

Everything she worked for, it didn't matter. She couldn't hold the tears back at this point and began to quietly sob shutting the bathroom door.

She was only 9 weeks along but already felt like a failure of a mother. She placed a hand on her bare flat stomach taking deep breaths. She knew she did the right thing reaching out, but it felt so eternally wrong at the same time.

She stood walking back into her bedroom and looked at her phone with no new notifications. It was nine in the morning for him, it was a Friday he could have meetings right now she thought. She got back into bed pulling the covers over her, but her mind would not shut off.

She grabbed her phone and pressed call "why are you up right now" she heard a tired voice on the other end of the line

"I know, I know I am evil for waking you but I texted him. I messaged him saying I needed to talk"

"You messaged who?"

"Logan"

"Oh my god!" Lane sat up in her bed and immediately left the covers going into the bathroom and shutting the door "what did you say exactly, I mean you can't really text hey I'm pregnant!"

"I said I have something important to talk to him about" Rory sighed

"That's it?" Lane said confused

"Yes that's it, what do you mean?"

"Kinda vague, I mean you said important but how serious are you? I mean you can't really express emotions in a text"

"You trying to make me lose the rest of my dinner from last night? I already emptied my body, I don't know what's left"

"Trust me there's always something left" Lane said