London, maybe New York

Rory smiled at the sound of her voice "hey mom"

"So you aren't dead! The queen didn't say off with your head or anything!"

"Surprisingly not" Rory said with a sigh of relief

"So are we still in London or did we go West" she asked cautiously

"London and it's going well"

"Do anything slutty? Wait no, don't tell mommy the dirty details"

"No mom I didn't, but if you should know he is no longer engaged"

"Oh I know that kid" she shot back

"What, what do you mean?"

"Well I mean, Emily Gilmore gave me a call today apparently at dinner with her oldest friends and her boyfriend Jack"

"Boyfriend!"

"Oh you just wait I'll get to that, apparently it was leaked he's been fiancéless since September and his mother is trying to hold everything together begging the boy to marry"

"Yes... but the boyfriend and grandma doesn't know does she!" Rory asked alarmed

"Well Toby I think his name was, he saw you and Logan at lunch while speaking with Mitchum. No dirty assumptions or any speculations that's all that was mention. But grandma asked and I said I knew nothing"

"I got to tell her" Rory groaned dreading the thought

"I know kid"

"So back to grandmas boyfriend?" Rory asked uneasy

"Oh kid Please there is so much to tell in such short time you've been gone. Grandma's boyfriend is Jack Smith old friend of grandma and grandpas"

"Sneaky little bastard" Rory said and Lorelai chuckled

"She's officially selling the Hartford home and this weekend I have to go help her and she offered you to come"

"She can't sell that house!"

"She legally can, it belongs to her" Rory shook her head full aware Lorelai couldn't see it

"No she said I'd get the house one day, she's just selling it like it means nothing to her" she stood up pacing the room starting get upset "I mean is she just forgetting everything that's happened there. It's home mom"

"The Gilmore estate is not home, but I know what you're getting at kid"

"How could she just throw it all away like it was nothing, selling her house, new boyfriend and I don't know what to do or think. Like she's making a new life forgetting the old one!"

"Your brain hurts, yeah I went through that" Rory took a seat taking deep breaths

"Oh but I bring good news and you'll never believe who's home and officially" Lorelai cheered

"Who?"

"Well I let it slip to her and she's begging to make all your cravings and her famous Mac and cheese"

"Sookie? What about Blue Hill and New York" Rory asked with a tad of excitement

"Well apparently she resigned after losing her mind after tasting another leaf and"

"She missed home?" Rory questioned

"She did, she's back Rory... Sookies back"

"That's awesome mom, I know you had a hard time when she left and I was gone and"