Old friends and first days

Soon December 8th came, Rory's first day on the job. She was staying at Paris's in New York City and looking for an apartment for herself which Logan said was unreasonable.

He would send her listings once a day or when she'd spend a night with him he'd show her them in person. She felt comfortable with Logan but still taking it slow. She gave her input but never told him exactly what place he should get. Especially with the swanky addresses and where the price should be listed it just states contact an agent.

They hadn't told anyone else about their little miracle that has officially entered the second trimester this week. Though they talked everyday Rory wanted to give Logan his space so she didn't ask to stay with him at the company apartment he'd been staying at. He'd also started to be buried in work from his transfer so he'd get in the office at 5:30 and leave at 2am.

"Rory" Paris yelled

"I'm doing my hair" she replied

"Good I wanted to make sure you were up so you don't lose the job before you even start it"

"Paris you've known me for half of your life and when have I ever been late"

"First period Mrs.Caldicotts class Sophomore year of HighSchool" Paris replied "and a few other honorable mentions that I'll save for later" she chuckled

"Evil" Rory said

"You also have a small bump Gilmore, are you going to be known as the pregnant one in the office?" Paris said "think about first impressions!"

"And hiding my pregnancy from my co workers is an ideal first impression? I barely have a bump it looks like I had a movie night with my mom"

"You know they could team up against you"

"That would be discriminatory towards me, they could get fired for teaming up against me for being the pregnant woman" Rory countered

"It'll just be weird not having me there for surveillance" Rory looked at paris confused

"Paris I've been a journalist for 9 years without you"

"Yes but a traveling one, not an office one... I was always with you when you were an office one"

"Then I'll find a Paris there"

"Hey I am irreplaceable!" Paris snapped "nobody does it like Paris Geller"

"You're right there is only one Paris Geller" Rory placed her computer and items in her bag

"Never asked how things are going with Huntzberger, he still around?" Rory rolled her eyes at Paris

"You would've made fun of him at the doctors appointment" she went into her bag handing her an extra copy of the sonogram and Paris smiled

"Wow this is so weird" she said honestly "hey I offered to be your doctor, it still stands"

"You're considered family, it's weird and illegal"

"How are you supposed to do today without coffee" Rory's eyes glossed with water "now why would you say that to me!"

"Someone had to point it out!"

"Don't you have a patient or client to tend to?" Rory said and Paris sighed

"Well at-least you look professional, good call not going with a pantsuit the first day"

"Wasn't planning on wearing a pantsuit but okay"

"Maybe you should"

"Maybe I should see what everyone else is wearing Paris how about that" and she nodded leaving Rory to finish getting ready