Chapter 1

"Maddie, Get your fat ass up!" Syd yells from the other side of my door

"Maddie, Get your fat ass up!" Syd yells from the other side of my door. " Fine, Fine, i'm up ".

I get up from bed and....fall back down. Urg, I just can't with Mondays.

I lay my head down for another 5 minutes and when I'm finally ready I start my day.

I brush my teeth, Light my vanilla bean noel candle from the bath and body works cause why not. Hop in the shower and start singing Baby from my favorite singer madison beer and wash myself, after my little concert, I put on my robe and go out of the bathroom. Next I moisturize my skin and start doing my make-up, I don't know if it is normal but when i'm doing my makeup I like to think that i'm on vogue and I'm showing the world my make-up routine. Now don't get me wrong I love all the beauty products there are but I ain't putting a chunk of makeup on my face so I just put on lip gloss and some mascara. I put my hair up in a cute high ponytail and put on my uniform.

Her outfit:

" Hey mad, what took you so long, I thought you were dead after all the drinks you had last night"

"Haha very funny Sydney, I was sleeping, a girl needs her beauty sleep". I sat on the counter watching my best friend almost burn her pancake.  

"You know, for a police officer, you are very lazy, can't you at least help me make breakfast"? 

" Ok but only because I don't want burnt pancakes for breakfast". I said. 

"Did you already have breakfast because it looks like somebody shit in your cereal today".

 "I just stated the facts, didn't mean to offend you". I continued protesting knowing that she would give up. "Yeah ok, now eat fast so we don't get late". "Yes mom", I snickered.

After eating breakfast we got into the car and went to work.

Now you're probably wondering, Who the fuck am I, well lemme give you the story of my life.

My name is Madison Rose, I'm 20 years old and I'm a cop. And yes you can be a cop at the age of 20 but that was because I skipped a few grades in elementary school because I was smarter than the rest of my classmates. I ended up graduating high school when I was 16. And luckily I wasn't the only one, my best friend Sydney ended up just like me. And you're probably wondering about my parents, well my mother died when I was 10 in a car crash. Well at least that's what they told me, I always feel like there was more to the story but I guess we'll never find out. I thought that being a police officer would help me know a little more about the crash but turns out, her case file had fully vanished like it was never there. As for my dad, he was never really there in my life. He was always doing some business with some men in suits, and when he wasn't busy, he was drinking and taking his anger out on me. So yeah, I grew up with a shitty childhood but after my dad left, You can say life got better. After he found out I had gotten accepted into the police academy he vanished too. Long story short, I'm here with my bestie living in New York. We live in an apartment that we share but she mostly stays with her parents. She's a mom and dad's girl.

After blasting Chase Atlantic on the radio, we reached the police department.