Chapter 4

" Madison, I see you have caught people exchanging drugs" Chief says

" Yeah, I don't know exactly what they were exchanging but they were armed." I say with confidence.

" Okay well, this is your case now, if we don't find anything illegal then we have to let them go, and we owe them a big apology."

" Well then let's go interrogate them"

And with that I was going to leave the room-

" Wait, Madison! I was wondering if I could help you with this case... after all I was in a very similar situation." Carl, another officer said.

" Uh, sure?" I say as we leave to go to the interrogation room

" Ok, so a bit of background information, these guys were caught by me when they were trading something. I don't know what it was but were about to find out."

" Sure thing." Carl says as we enter the interrogation room.

" So, what do we have here? Lorenzo Romano, age 25 and no crime history?" I say while scanning through his file.

" Look sweetheart, I didn't do anything wrong here, so quit wasting your time and let me go." He said in a deep voice that sent shivers down my spine.

" I don't give a fuck if your innocent, I saw you trading something and you had a gun, that's mostly all the evediance I need to take you to court. So now your going to be a good boy and answer my damn questions"

He let out a grunt and clenched his fists, I'm guessing nobody ever spoke to him like that. But I could care less.

"Okay so first, tell me about yourself, like what do you do for a living?"

"Why? You have that damn file about me, read it and find out for yourself." He spat

"You know what, I don't give a damn about what you do, just tell me what the fuck were you doing at Vinegar hill. And don't you dare make up some shit Mr. Romano or I will slap it out of you." I say angrily

"All me and my men were doing is giving a sample of gummy bears to taste for our company, now don't tell me you have a problem with that." Gummy bears? He doesn't look like a guy that sells gummy bears.

" So you mean to tell me that you were planning to run away because you were selling some gummy bears? Okay pall."

" Look I honestly couldn't give a fuck, just let me and my men go, you could keep the french." Mr. Romano says while fiddling with his shirt. Wow, that guy has a lot of tattoo's. Wait, all the men in the mafia should have an indication that they are from the same gang, like a tattoo, if only I could see them.

"Mr. Romano, I need you to stand up."

"Why?"

"Oh just do it." He stands up with his arms crossed. I start walking towards him and start unbuttoning his shirt.

" If you really wanted to check me out, you could have just asked." He says with a sly smirk on his face.

"Oh shut up." I say as I closely examine his tattoo's. I carefully see each and every tattoo trying to memorize them but damn his body, I could stare at it for days.

"Turn around." He surprisingly does what he's told. As I skim through his back tattoo's, one catches my eye. It's a skull with guns that says stuff in which I'm assuming is Italian.

"Okay, where done here, now put your clothes back on and wait in the waiting room." And with that me and Carl left the room but not before him and Lorenzo exchanged a look.

" Okay Carl, time to interrogate the rest of these men." I say as we head on to the next interrogation room.

~Time skip~

" Madison did you find anything?" Chief asks

" Actually I did, all of the men have a matching tattoo, if I could prove that it's a mafia symbol, then they could be in jail for good. I just hope we can take this to court and put them in jail."

" Did you find anything about what they were trading?"

" Well, Yes and No, They all said they were giving them a sample of gummy bears, I think we should inspect them."

" Okay well, you can do that first thing next week"

" Wait why next week, it's Monday." I say in confusion.

" It's veterans week, '' Chief says as he walks off.

"Hey how did the interrogation go?" Sydney asked

" It was interesting, come on, let's go home."

                                                                               ⟺

Hey Loves!... Just a heads up, I won't be updating for a while because I have some exams and need to study for them. But I will try and update as often as I can.

- Jasmine <3