Percy Has a Nightmare

Annabeth woke up to the sound of screaming coming from somewhere in the camp. She got out of bed and went outside of the cabin while the other campers were stirring. When she got outside she realized where the screaming was coming from and broke out into a run to cabin three.

She got into the cabin and woke Percy up as fast as she could. He woke up with a start, his breathing was heavy and his forehead damp with sweat. "Are you okay?" She asked, worriedly. She had known that he was experiencing nightmares, but nothing this bad.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." He said, still breathing heavily but it was starting to get under control. Will peeked into the cabin to make sure everything was okay. When he saw Annabeth with Percy he smiled softly knowing that everything was fine. When he closed the door he ushered everyone back to their cabins, saying that there was nothing to see.

"It's July 1st." Percy said. Annabeth released a small gasp. They had fallen into Tartarus exactly a year ago.

"I... I didn't realize..." She said, trailing off.

"I dreamt we were back there. It felt so real."

Annabeth wrapped her hands around her boyfriend and rested her head on his chest. She could hear his heart still beating rapidly in his chest. "I get them too."

After a while, Percy's breathing started evening out and Annabeth thought she would go back to her cabin. As she started to stand up, she felt a hand grab her wrist. She looked back to see Percy blearily looking at her, his eyes wide in fear. "Stay with me? Please?" He asked. She knew the consequences of sleeping in a different cabin than your own but she didn't care at that moment. She nodded her head and climbed back into the bed. Percy wrapped his arms around her and they both fell into a dreamless sleep.