Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Bring me back to life

Beep.

I stare at the dark corridor in front of me, holding out a torch. Jolly but eerie music plays in the background.

Beep.

My legs begin to carry me down the corridor and into another room. The lights flicker on and a huge, neatly wrapped present stands in the centre.

Beep.

The box opens on its own, revealing Evan with a golden bear plush in his hand. He opens his eyes and looks at me. But his eyes are fully black, his skin pale. Almost ghost-like.

Beep.

"You could have saved me Y/N. I trusted you. You could have stopped them." Evan cries which makes my heart break.

"I know. I'm so sorry Evan. It's all my fault." I whimper as he steps closer to me.

Beep.

"You have to wake up now Y/N." He says, looking up at me.

"What?"

"Please come back to me... please..." Evan whispers but his voice gets quieter and changes in pitch slightly.

Wait. Michael?

My eyes shoot open but I'm quick to close them as the blinding light shines into my eyes.

"Please come back to me Y/N. I need you." I look to my side, seeing Michael asleep with my hand in his.

I reach across to him, placing my other hand on his cheek, wiping away his tears as he cries in his sleep.

I feel him begin to stir and his eyes finally open, looking directly into mine. I offer him a weak smile and his eyes widen in shock and relief.

"Oh thank god." He wraps his arms around me and I melt into his touch.

Despite the horrific situation, I can't deny that I'm enjoying this. He always knows how to comfort me. His touch is addictive.

I wish I could stay here forever.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He kisses the top of my head and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Thank you..."

"Y/N!"

My eyes dart towards the door to see my father looking worried. He rushes into the room and looks at Michael.

Michael stands up and begins backing away. My father walks towards him slowly and stops right in front of him.

"Thank you for looking after my dear Y/N." My dad says, pulling Michael into a quick hug unexpectedly.

"It's no problem Mr Emily." Michael smiles as they pull away from the hug.

"Hey dad. I'm sorry I left without saying anything. Where is Charlotte? Did you not bring her here?" I ask, not seeing my sister anywhere.