Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Life and death

I slowly open my eyes to see that I'm in a room. A room where I recognize the decorations. A room where I distinctly remember spending a lot of time with Charlotte when we were younger.

I sit on the bed, swinging my legs over the side.

"Y/N! Y/N! Guess what!" A voice shouts, running into the room.

Charlotte stands in front of me with a wide smile on her face. She is holding a bear in her hands which looks to be the one I bought her.

"Charlotte... you're..."

I stand up, walking towards her slowly. I kneel down in front of her, smiling as wide as ever.

"I'm what?" She asks. I shake my head, looking at her with joy.

"It doesn't matter. Now, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" I ask and she giggles.

"Look!"

She pulls out a small leaflet from behind her back, holding it out for me to take.

'Fazbears Family Diner grand opening!'

I freeze as I read the headline. I screw the leaflet into a tiny ball, throwing it out the window.

"Y/N! Why did you do that?" Charlotte crosses her arms with a pout on her lips.

I place my hands on her shoulders, kneeling down to her level.

"Charlotte you have to listen to me okay? You can't go anywhere near this place. It's too dangerous." I say sternly.

"No!"

She runs off, closing my bedroom door. I rush after her but when I open the door, I find myself no longer in my old home.

I hear crying in the distance so I run towards the sound. Michael and his friends are teasing Evan just like what happened years ago.

"Michael stop it!" I scream and he looks at me but continues to mess with his brother.

I run up to him, taking Evan from his grip, kicking Michael in the stomach so he falls to the ground.

"Y/N what the fuck?" Michael looks at me in shock.

I ignore him, turning to see Charlotte, Evan and a few of the missing kids. They are all staring at me with smiles on their youthful faces.

"Thank you for saving us Y/N." They say in a chorus.

Charlotte steps foward, taking my hand in hers gently.

"You have to wake up now Y/N."

What?

I open my mouth to ask what she means but instead, I'm hit by a fist to the face.

I fall to the ground clutching my jaw as I look up to see Michael with an angry expression.

Then he hits me again. And again. And again.

Until I can barely move.

That's when he realises his mistake.

"Oh god. Shit, Y/N I'm sorry. Please I didn't mean to..." he kneels down next to me but I feel my eyes begin to close.

"No! Come on Y/N. You have to wake up! Please wake up. Wake up... I'm sorry..."

My eyes snap open but this time I'm not in the diner. Instead, I find myself in a dingy hospital room with flowers on my bedside table.

"Please wake up... I'm sorry Y/N..."

I look to my right to see Michael mumbling in his sleep. He has his head on the bed beside me as he sleeps in the chair.

I smile to myself knowing that everything that just happened wasn't real.

I gently lift my hand from the bed, running my fingers through Michael's soft hair. He mumbles in his sleep once again but begins to shift.

When he opens his eyes, he looks up at me with a sad expression before laying his head back down. He didn't realise I am awake.

"Michael?" I smile, calling his name softly.

At this, he jumps up quickly, snapping his head towards me.

"Y/N? You're... you're alive!" He jumps up from his seat, tackling me in a hug.

It hurts to hug him at first and I hiss in pain but I try my best to ignore it.

"Sorry! Oh god did I hurt you?!" Michael panics, trying to find out what he did wrong.

"Just a little bit but I don't mind." I smile.

I shift over on the bed a bit, patting beside me at the empty space I made of Michael.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you. Besides, won't we get in trouble?" He asks, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

"Since when have you ever cared about getting in trouble?" I tease him with a laugh.

He rolls his eyes, climbing onto the bed next to me. He places his arm under my head and I roll to the side, laying my head on his chest as I listen to his heartbeat.

"I'm never going to leave you again. You know that, right Y/N?" Michael asks, looking at me sincerely.

"I know. I won't leave you either Michael. No matter what happens, I'll still be here. Even a fatal stab wound can't get rid of me that easily." I joke.

Michael let's out a little chuckle which makes me smile.

Soon enough, I hear the sound of deep breathing and I instantly know that he fell asleep.

"Sleep well." I smile, falling asleep on his chest as I listen to the soft beating of his heart.