Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A reunion

I begin to stir awake, prying open my eyes. I expect to see the wind gently blowing the trees and the blue sky above me.

All I see is a tall ceiling of a house.

"Glad to see you're finally awake."

I look towards the source of the voice to see a shadow in the corner of the room.

I immediately sit up, rushing towards the door. But it's locked.

"Who are you?!" I back away, keeping an eye on the silhouette.

"Y/N... it's been so long. Don't you recognize me anymore?" The person emerges from the dark corner of the room.

No way...

"Uncle David?!" I feel my worry melt away as I see the familiar face of my uncle.

"In the flesh." He laughs, holding out his arms.

I run towards him, wrapping him in a hug. It's been years since I last saw him.

"What are you doing here? Dad said you left to live in New York City. He said you weren't coming back." I feel a slight pain in my chest.

"I did. But now I'm back. I've seen what's been happening all over the news Y/N." Uncle David says which makes my heart sink.

I look down at the floor, trying to distract myself. But it's not easy when your own uncle won't stop talking about it.

"That place is not safe anymore. Those kids that went missing... I have to find out why." Uncle David carries on.

He is right. Anything to do with that place is like a death trap. If I had a kid, I'd never ever take them there.

"Oh and I saw the photo in the news the day the family diner opened. You and that Afton kid are pretty close. Although from what your father has told me, those Afton's are bad omens." Uncle David says.

"No! I mean... well, not all of them. And yeah, Michael and I are pretty close I guess..." I trail off, trying not to smile at the thought of Michael.

"You're blushing Y/N. Anything you'd like to tell your favorite uncle?" He smirks, trying to tease me.

I cover my face with my hands, too embarrassed to even look up.

"Hey it's okay Y/N. When I was younger, I liked someone that much too."

I feel comfort from hearing his voice again. But my main question is-

"Uncle David? Why did you actually come back? I know you said you want to find out why the kids went missing but... why?" I ask.

Uncle David thinks, the expression on his face looks like he is conflicted.

"Because what your father and William created is a curse. I want to help put an end to this so I can stop people getting hurt. I want to protect you and Charlotte-"

My eyes widen at the mention of my deceased sisters name. Pain shooting straight through my heart.

"Y/N what's wrong?"

"Uncle David... Charlotte died almost a month ago. I saw something. Someone... holding out a knife dressed in purple. They killed my own sister right in front of my eyes." I say.

I don't know if I should feel pain, remorse or anger. Maybe all three. But neither of them will bring Charlotte back to us.

"Oh... Y/N... I am so so sorry. Your father never told me. We haven't spoken in years." He confesses.

"It's okay. If you're going to find out about what's going on with that place then I want to help." I fold my arms.

"But it's dangerous. Shouldn't you be getting back to your father?"

I laugh to myself and look at Uncle David with a smile.

"I can handle myself. And besides, I actually ran away from my dad almost a week ago. All he ever did was talk about the diner and everything that happened..."

I trail off, thinking about my next words wisely.

"So if he won't actually do something about all of this... I will."

Uncle David looks at me. He looks... proud. Dad never looked at me like that. Maybe I could even stay here with Uncle David.

"Alright. I understand. No matter what happens, I will keep you safe. I will never let anything bad ever happen to you. Okay?" Uncle David places a gentle hand on my shoulder.

I nod my head in response. Then I remember...

"Uncle David? When I was staying with the Afton's, I saw something. A few things. William kept one of the springlock suits in his basement. He's also planning to create a new restaurant. There are blueprints for a new animatronic too." I inform him.

His face looks confused for a moment as to why he would create another restaurant after what happened.

"There is something going on. I know it. I don't know why William would choose to create a new pizza place if it all went wrong before." Uncle David thinks for a moment.

"You're right. But like I said, I am willing to help uncover what is going on here." I say with a slight smile.

Uncle David returns the smile and looks at me. Then his face converts to one of determination and realisation.

"I have a plan."