Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Not alone

"Hey... wake up sleepy head. Y/N..."

I open my eyes slowly and blink to get used to the light in the room. Michael is awake and smiling down at me.

"Good morning." I smile at him.

"Morning? It's 5pm. You slept in a lot." Michael laughs.

I groan, pulling the covers back over my head. I really don't want to get out of bed. Especially for work. I have a bad feeling about today.

I shake away the feeling and decide to get ready for work. Once I'm done, I go downstairs and notice that Michael is watching tv.

"Saved my the bell. Good choice." I laugh at Michael's choice in tv show.

He rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment but he soon turns off the tv.

"You ready to go?" He asks and I nod my head, picking up my house keys as Michael grabs the key to his car.

We head out and I lock my door, stepping into the car. The journey isn't too long but it still feels longer than it should be.

"You good Y/N? You seem quieter than usual." Michael glances at me.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'm fine. I just have a bad feeling about tonight. That's all." I confess.

Michael hums in response, clutching the steering wheel for a moment.

"I know what you mean. I've felt the same way all day too."

Once we arrive at the building, we enter through the back door and take the same route to the office as before.

"Another night, another set of problems." Michael sighs, sitting in the spiny chair.

"Let's hope not."

We check the ventilation system along with the audio and camera systems just to make sure everything is in working order.

Once everything is finished, Michael smiles at me and pulls me into his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck, smiling at him.

"I guess it's nice to have some more alone time." He starts.

However, a clanking noise echoes down the hall which makes me whip my head around.

"Or not." Michael complains.

I grab a torch from the desk as Michael checks the cameras for anything.

"Woah, where are you going?" He stops me. I turn around placing my hand on my hip, turning on my torch.

"I'm gonna go see who might have just made that noise. It's probably just something that fell on its own though. Don't worry, I'll be fine." I reassure him, placing a kiss to his cheek.

"Okay. Just stay safe darling. I don't want you getting hurt." He smiles, brushing his thumb against my cheek.

I nod my head as he goes back to the cameras. I peek out into the hallway, shining my torch in front of me.

Slowly, I begin checking each room for any sign of life. Maybe it was just a mouse. Who knows.

The sound of scraping comes from inside one of the other rooms which makes me stop just before I open the door.

"Come on. This is you job. You have to see who is in there." I tell myself, taking a deep breath.

I pluck up the courage to finally open the door. The room is dusty and dark. It's filled with all sorts of broken pieces and artifacts from the old pizzaria.

"Oh... I see you came back...? Well so did I. Hello Y/N." A familiar but distorted voice says lowly from the shadows.

My torch light flickers on and off which makes me panic. I try to turn it back on but I begin to hear loud metallic footsteps walk towards me.

I back up but fall backwards as I trip over a metal pole which blocks the doorway.

The footsteps stop and a tall shadow stares down at me before leaning towards me.

"Hello again Y/N. Did you miss me?"

The light from the hallway lights up the animatronics front. No... is that...?

"William? How- how are you still alive? I thought you died?!" I quickly jump to my feet, backing away from him.

The spring Bonnie suit spring locked him ages ago. How is he still alive?

"Oh you thought you could get rid of me that easily? You were wrong." He takes a step towards me. If the face could change, he surely would be smirking at me right now.

"Leave us alone!" I shout, running out of the room.

I rush towards the office, hearing William's laugh echo behind me.

When I enter the office, Michael whips his head around to face me and instantly stands up, placing his hands on either side of my face.

"Hey! Hey, what's wrong?! What happened darling?" Michael wraps his arms around me.

I bury my face into his chest, breathing heavily. Michael strokes my hair and tries to calm me down.

"Shhhh. I've got you. I've got you don't worry. Nothing will get to you." He holds me tight and kisses the top of my head.

I take a few deep breaths and try to calm down. When I do, Michael pulls away and places a hand on my cheek.

"Hey... tell me what happened. Please?" He says calmly.

"It's your dad. W-William." I stutter, getting a shiver down my body.

Michael looks confused for a moment, raising his eyebrow.

"What about my dad?" He asks and I take a deep breath, swallowing hard as I muster up the confidence to talk.

"He's back Michael."