Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The end of something but not everything

My dad drags me back to the car and we begin driving away.

The purple guy in the window never leaves my mind the whole way home. Why would anyone want to kill a child?

"Y/N, I want you to pack your things. We're leaving." My dad says as he rushes through the front door of our house.

"But-"

"Y/N you have to listen to me. Okay? We have to leave. We can't stay here anymore. It's not safe." My dad says.

I don't notice the tears pouring from my eyes until they are wiped away.

"I know it will be hard but you have to trust me. It's what's best." He finishes and I nod.

I've never really liked this town anyway. The only thing that has ever kept me living here is Michael.

Now I'm losing him too.

I try to be as quick as possible, loading all my things into the back of the car. I have to leave some things behind because they won't all fit.

Before I leave my room for a final time, I open my desk and take out a framed photo of me, Charlotte, dad and my mum.

"I miss you mum. I wish you were here with us right now. You'd know what to do." I admire the photo, placing it into my bag.

"You ready?" Dad asks and I nod, looking back at our house for one final time.

We get in the car and begin our journey to who knows where. The only noise is the cars engine and the tires gripping the concrete road.

You only start to miss someone more when they are not around. Maybe that's why I miss Charlotte so much now. She was always the favorite and I hate to admit it but I was jealous of her.

Now I just want her back.

As for Michael. Well... now I do truly miss him.

The friendship we shared was probably one of the best things to ever happen to me. Now that I'm being pulled away from him, I'm starting to feel like I wanted our friendship to be more.

Goodbye Michael.

"Y/N?"

My dad breaks me out of my trance and I look at him as he continues to drive.

"Yeah?"

"I just asked if you wanted to stop off and grab some food. We will be at the new house in a few hours." He asks but I shake my head.

"No thanks. I'm not hungry." I answer.

The time ticks by and my head becomes all jumbled up.

I didn't say goodbye. I left without giving a reason. Maybe Michael will be better off without me. Maybe he'll move on.

Maybe he'll forget about me.

"Here we are. Home sweet home. This was my fathers house you know. He passed it down to us when he died." My dad tells me and I just answer with a nod.

Once we get settled into the house, I head upstairs and crawl under the covers, not wanting to face anything else life throws at me.

I lost my best friend and sister today. I can't loose anyone else.

My body shuts down for the night and the hours pass by quickly. My nightmares decided to treat me well tonight.

When I wake up in the morning, I hear the sound of a bike bell. I open the front door, seeing a rolled up newspaper.

I quickly close the door and throw the newspaper onto the table, scanning over it.

'Fredbears Family Diner closes'

'Child dies after a coma due to animatronic fault'

'Missing child found dead at the side of Fredbears Family Diner - cause: unknown'

The cause was unknown. But I still saw the guy dressed all in purple kill Charlotte. And the thing about the animatronic fault? Bullshit.

"Good morning Y/N. What's that?" My dad looks at the newspaper, his face turning into a scowl as he looks at the headline about the fault.

"It's all bullshit dad. William is using your 'faulty' work as an excuse not to take any blame into his family. It wasn't your fault." I try to reassure him and he nods.

He takes the paper away and I'm left alone once again.

I make my way upstairs and pull out a small box of photos from under my bed. Memories.

I file through them one by one, reliving the memories from when they were taken. Some photos are of me and my family. One with Charlotte on my back. The rest are Michael and I.

I wish I never had to leave him like this. I never got the chance to tell him how I really feel.

Now I've come to the end. Not of my life but the end of... something.

And I don't know if it's for the better or for worse.