Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Undercover

A few days later, it's all over the news that Fazbear Entertainment had finally opened a new pizzaria. The same pizzaria which was on the blueprints in William's office.

"Are you sure this plan will work?" I ask Uncle David.

"Hopefully. William has no idea who I am and that wig and glasses makes you look completely different. You do also look younger in those clothes. Hopefully this works and they believe you're actually a child." Uncle David laughs.

I look at myself in the mirror. I do look quite different. Hopefully I'm not spotted by anyone.

"Okay let's go."

××××××××××××××

Once we arrive outside, Uncle David parks the car and we get out.

"Now, are you sure you want to do this?" He asks and I nod my head.

I don't think I have a choice. I want to find out what is happening inside.

Uncle David and I walk towards the front of the new restaurant where families are gathered and awaiting the grand opening.

The front doors begin to open and William walks out with a smile. He's wearing a-

Purple suit? Wait. That kind of looks like-

No. He wouldn't. That couldn't have been him I saw the night Charlotte was killed.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for coming to the grand opening of our new and improved family restaurant!" William calls out.

The crowd cheers and I look over at my uncle who gets me to play along.

However, I feel myself freeze up when two familiar faces walk out of the door to stand behind William.

"Michael..." I whisper as if he will hear me through the applauding crowd.

He looks sad. Broken and lost. As if he doesn't even want to be here right now. But I can tell he is trying to hide it for his father, Elizabeth and the crowd in front of him.

"Thank you everyone! Without further a do, the new home to the one and only fredbear is now open!"

Families go rushing inside and my uncle and I follow along. We can't let ourselves be seen.

I walk past Michael with my head down but notice him force a little smile on his face. I wish I didn't have to be undercover so I could just run up to him.

"You alright?"

I nod at my uncle as we sit down at a table in the corner of the room.

"Yeah I'm alright... I say we stay here and keep an eye out for anything suspicious." I say.

"You're right. Just try to fit in."

We eat pizza and talk at the table for a while, keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity.

I look up, spotting Michael welcoming a few guests as he forces himself to smile. Without even realising it, I find myself staring. I didn't even notice that he came over to us.

"Hey. Is everything okay? Do I know you?" Michael softly asks and I quickly lower my head.

What do I do? He knows what I sound like. I can't get away with this now. We're screwed!

"Oh, sorry young man. They don't speak much. It's an anxiety thing. Sorry." My uncle comes up with a quick lie.

"That's alright. Well I hope you both enjoy your time here." Michael smiles and walks away.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"An anxiety thing? Really? That's seriously the best thing you could come up with?" I ask, raising an eyebrow in disbelief.

"What? I had to think fast." Uncle David rolls his eyes with a slight smile.

A few moments later, someone walks out into the main area wearing a familiar golden suit.

"That's it. That's the suit William kept in his basement." I tell my uncle.

"Hello everyone! Who wants a special surprise?" The person inside the suit says to the children.

Most kids are busy but 5 of them get excited and run over.

The newer shiny animatronics continue to sing and move on the stage whilst some kids play and dance to their songs.

"What about you? Would you like a surprise?" I now notice the person in the golden suit standing in front of me.

That thing is fucking creepy.

I shake my head violently which makes the person walk away.

"Hey, you alright?" Uncle David asks and I look at him in confusion.

"Yeah I'm okay. Why'd you ask?"

That's when he points to my cheeks. I lift my fingers up to touch them, noticing warm tears falling from my eyes.

"Oh... I didn't even notice I was crying." I say, confused.

Then I remember how much Evan used to cry when he saw those old animatronics. Or how Michael used to scare him so much.

I wonder if he ever fully realised that he was crying.

I wipe my eyes under my glasses and observe my surroundings. William is in the corner of the room talking to Michael who seems as if he doesn't want to be here.

"Where did the children go?" I ask Uncle David who shrugs his shoulders.

But as the day goes by, parents are still stood around waiting for their children.

Their missing children.

"I'm so sorry Ma'am but I'm afraid your son may have wondered out of the restaurant with 4 other children." William apologises to the women who is looking for her lost son.

Uncle David ushers me out of the building and back to his car.

"Do you think they really wondered out?" Uncle David asks and I shake my head.

"Of course not. They are still inside the restaurant. But we can't look for them now.

I guess we will have to look another day.