"Who Are You?"🤷🏽‍♀

Beyoncè's P

Beyoncè's P.O.V

I arrived home after another tiresome photoshoot. Not only was I exhausted, but I was equally irritated. For several minutes, I sat outside of my home in the driveway. So many thoughts and worries raced through my mind. Like, should I continue modeling or not? The modeling industry can be a pain in the ass! Especially when you're constantly being told to lose more weight! You could weigh two pounds and modeling agencies will still tell you you're too damn fat!

Also, my age was sort of an issue. I actually began working as a photographer once I graduated from Spelman college. But when I was about 28 years old, a model named Tyra Banks told me that I should be in front of the camera instead of behind it. So at that age, I was competing with little young girls that were like 10 years younger than me!

Did that make me feel a bit insecure? Of course it did! Some of those girls were fresh out of high school and there I was pushing 30! I was always waiting for the CEO of our agency, Ms. Naomi Campbell, to fire my ass! But, she never did. However, she was always telling those of us who are a little on the curvaceous side to cut back on the sweets and carbs. Which in my opinion was her way of saying, "Y'all too damn fat!"

But I digress! Once I got out of my vehicle I finally worked up enough energy to step inside of my home. My housemates, Kelly and Michelle weren't home yet, so I took advantage of the fact that their loud mouths wouldn't keep me from taking a well deserved nap! People don't normally take naps at 5 pm, but I was used to starting trends! I laid down on our living room sofa and was knocked out within just a few seconds!

It seemed like only a short moments later, I was awakened by an aroma that made my mouth water and my stomach growl. I rubbed my eyes and yelled out, "Kellz?! Is that you in there cooking?"

She didn't respond. I doubted if it was Michelle because she had already told us earlier that she had several errands to run after work. I wasn't sure why Kelly was acting like she couldn't hear me talking to her. So I got up and made my way to the kitchen. The smell of whatever she was cooking had me curious anyway. So I decided to be nosey!

"Kelendria! What are you...."

No wonder I didn't get a response when I called her name. The individual that was in the kitchen cooking wasn't Kelly at all. It was a beautiful stranger who stood at about 5'2. She had long black hair, Asian shaped eyes, light brown skin, an angelic smile that revealed the cutest dimples I'd ever seen and a  coke bottle shape!

"Oh, you're awake now! I'm glad you were able to get some sleep, baby. Come here, I want you to taste something", she said. I was ok with tasting whatever she wanted to put in my mouth!

"I know you worked hard all day, so I decided to make gumbo for you" she informed me as she scooped up a spoon full and fed me.

"Mmmm...so delicious! But I know I shouldn't even be eating this", I said.