"Surreal Things"😯

Onika's P

Onika's P.O.V.

It took me a few seconds to process the fact that the woman I had been dreaming about night after night was standing right in front of me. I wasn't sure why she ran away from me. But I made sure I found out.

I knocked on the dressing room door. "Hi, honey...Um...my name is Onika. I'm sorry you're upset, but can we talk?", I asked her.

She didn't respond. She just opened the door and allowed me to come in. She sat with her knees pressed against her chest. She took a few glances at me but she seemed shy and a little jittery. This wasn't the smooth, confident Beyoncè from my dreams. But was I disappointed. Not at all....

"Hi, beautiful. I just wanted to show you that my camera is ok", I told her.

"I'm sorry I made you drop it. I didn't mean to, it's just that...You...you look like someone that I've been trying to find", she said nervously. I tried to stay calm, but the confirmation that she had really been dreaming about me too had me ready to cry right along with her.

"You look like someone that I've been trying to find, too. Do you mind if I help you get your face all cleaned up?", I asked. I didn't want her to ruin her beautiful makeup. She nodded her head. 

As I dried her tears and helped her fix her makeup, I asked, "Beyoncè, have you been having a lot of weird dreams lately?"

She was shocked by my question. "Yeah...I hope you don't think I'm weird, but I've been dreaming about you a lot. And I was wondering if you even really existed. So finally seeing you in the flesh is just a little overwhelming for me", she admitted.

"Am I that ugly?!", I said with a pout.

I finally got her to smile and laugh. She said, "No! You're gorgeous! That's one of the reasons why I'm so overwhelmed!"

I giggled and said, "Thank you, Beyoncè. Listen, I get it. Believe it or not, I've had several dreams about you, too. I wasn't sure if you actually existed either until I found you on Instagram this morning. And I can relate to the overwhelming feeling of seeing someone you've been dreaming about in the flesh as well. The whole thing is very surreal."

"I can't believe you dreamed about me, too...This is so crazy", Beyoncè said.

"Crazy indeed! But also a good thing, right?", I asked.

"Yes. It's a good thing now that I know that you're actually real. But one night I dreamed you had a girlfriend", she said.

"Well, I don't anymore! I caught her with another woman. She lied and told the girl she was single, so I allowed her to be that! Her wish came true. Now she's by her damn self because the chick she lied to don't want her ass either", I informed her.

"In the first dream I ever had about you, you cooked me gumbo. Do you cook that kind of stuff in real life?!", Beyoncè asked with a smile and wide, childlike eyes. She was too adorable!