"The Set Up"🤨

Onika's P

Onika's P.O.V.

Losing my memory was one of the most irritating moments of my life. Everyone was trying to help me remember things. My parents took me to a park. They said they used to take my siblings and I there every Saturday during the summer and we would have a family picnic. I couldn't recall any of it.

My fraternal twin sister, Lauren, told me a bunch of stories about things we did as little girls and as teenagers. She told me about how we pulled down our older brother's pants in public when we were 14. We were paying him back for a prank he played on us. The story made me laugh, but I couldn't remember any of it.

One day, Beyoncè took me to the place where we first met. She was hoping it would cause me to remember. She said we were a part of a video shoot. But I didn't remember. I felt so bad!

Later that night, I fell asleep in Beyoncè's arm. After losing my memory, I was very attached to Bey. But she was patient and understanding. Still, I wanted to remember so badly! The saddest thing was when my nephews, Kameron and Kross, asked me if I remembered them and I had to tell them no. But little Kross said, "It's ok, Auntie Nika. I still love you."

I was awakened out of my sleep. I crawled out of Beyoncè's embrace and went down to the kitchen. When I turned the light on, Shawntae was in the kitchen eating a piece of cake. She smiled and said, "There go my girl! What's up, boo?! Come have some cake with me."

I said, "Shawntae! What are you doing in Bey's house?! You always gotta do crazy stuff!"

"Nika, chill... She knows I'm here. Come on. Sit down and have a slice of cake", she said. I calmed down and had a slice of cake with her.

"So listen, Nika. My boss wanted me to have a talk with you", she said.

"Your boss?!", I asked in a confused manner.

"Yes, God...", she said.

"God is your boss?!", I asked. I didn't know what the girl was talking about but I was interested!

"Yeah, baby girl! When Kim shot me, I made it to heaven surprisingly! Now I'm an angel and I help people", she explained.

"Wait....Kim...killed you?!", I yelled.

"Well....if you forgot about that tragedy, that's a good thing. But yeah...she did it right in front of you", she said.

I began to tremble and cry. "How could she do that to you?! You never did anything to her", I cried.

Shawntae grabbed my hands and told me not to cry. "I didn't plan on leaving the world at the age of 31. But unfortunately, bad things happen every day."

"It's not right though! She shouldn't get away with killing you! She needs to be punished", I said angrily.

"You're absolutely right, Onika. Which is why it's time for you to get your memory back! You can help bring me justice. You just have to remember", she said.