"Looking For You"🕵🏽‍♀

Onika's P

Onika's P.O.V.

Lauren and I both felt guilty. As we danced the night away, our father was being rushed to the hospital. Sadly, he had a heart attack. And was unconscious when we arrived at the hospital.

"Girls, stay calm! We know the power of prayer! We just gotta pray for your daddy", our mom told us as we cried, fussed, yelled at hospital staff and cried some more.

"How do they not know if he's going to recover from this?!", Lauren asked.

"Seems like they should be able to tell us something! We've been sitting here for 3 hours", I fussed.

"Onika Tanya and Lauren Nicole! I've been with your father for 35 years! If anybody should be cutting up the way y'all are doing it should be me! I said let's just pray", momma yelled with tears in her eyes.

Lauren and I calmed down. At least outwardly for momma's sake. I asked momma if she had contacted our older brother who lived out of state. She said he was still at work and she didn't want to upset him while he's on the clock. 

"You know he has that midnight job. I'll call him in the morning when he gets off", she said.

Lauren and I snuggled up close to momma and fell asleep on her like we used to as little girls. When I opened my eyes, momma and Lauren were nowhere to be found. I went to look for them. I figured they might be getting snacks from the vending machine. But I didn't find them there. I did however find a very familiar face....

"Hey there, beautiful", she said with that gorgeous smile of hers.

"Beyoncè?! What are you doing here?", I asked. I was shocked to see her. But also happy to see her.

"I had to come check on my favorite girl. We're soulmates, remember?", she asked.

I chuckled and told her that I certainly remembered that we're soulmates. She banged on the vending machine and two candy bars fell out. "She's so damn smooth", I thought to myself.

"Would you like a Twix, my love?", she asked.

I nodded and took the candy bar from her hand. She suggested that we go sit and talk. She took my hand and we walked back into the waiting room.

"Don't worry about your dad. He'll be fine", she told me.

"How can you be so sure, Beyoncè?", I asked as I took a bite of the candy.

She chuckled and wiped chocolate from my lip. "I know these things, love. Don't you trust me?", she asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I want to. But....Beyoncè...I just need to know if you're real."

She kissed the palm of my hand and then placed it on her breast. "If I wasn't real, do you think I would have a heart that only beats for you?", she asked as I felt her heart beat inside my hand.