What are you doing in my house?!

Narrator's POV:

SIXTEEN YEARS AGO

Sofia guffawed as she followed Isabela up the hill to their favorite tree-shaded place.

Isabela: Ha, I won!

Sofia: That's not fair, you got a head start!

Isabela turned back and poked her tongue out at the younger girl, then spun around as she looked at the tree and grasped a lower branch, lifting herself onto it and reaching down to help her friend up.

The smaller girl took her hand in hers, lifting her feet off the ground and reached out to catch the branch with her other hand.

Sofia: Isa, don't drop me!

Isabela: I swear I won't!

She pulled Sofia up onto the branch and made sure she was okay before turning to look over the village as the two sat in the tree.

Sofia: Wow! It's so beautiful up here!

Sofia turned to Isabela, about to ask about the view, when she noticed her expression. Isabela had her brows furrowed together worriedly as Sofia's smile faded.

Sofia: Isa, what's the matter?

Isabela: Do you think I will get a gift?

Sofia looked at the village in thought and back at Isabela with a bright smile.

Sofia: I'm not sure, but if you do, I'm confident that whatever it is, it will be beautiful, just like you!

Isabela eyes widen but her shock expression turns into a big smile as she tackles Sofia in a hug.

Isabela: You're my best friend, Sofi! Promise me we'll always be best friends.

Sofia: Of course, Isa! You're my best friend too!

Isabela?

Isabela.

Isabela!

Isabela jolts awake as she looks around at her surroundings, her gaze falling on Mirabel, who is staring at her from the doorframe of her bedroom.

Mirabel: Isabela, it's time to get up!

Isabela scoffs as she rolls her eyes at her sister.

Isabela: I'm going, I'm going now leave!