The Arrange Marriage

Sofia's POV:

She's as beautiful as always...but the hint of sadness in her eyes is still present just like in all the Madrigals. It didn't surprise me that Isabela was sad. I knew she was willing to sacrifice her own happiness to keep Abuela happy. That was something that happened often, each Madrigal had made their own sacrifices to please her. I've been a family friend for as long as I can remember, Abuela had taken a liking to me being her perfect granddaughter's childhood friend and all as I've also help around the house and the Village as much as possible. Along with that, I was also pretty close with the rest of the family.

Isabela: Sofia, are you okey your hand is red.

She gently took my hand in hers as she kissed it. I shallow saliva as I felt my face heat up and the pace of my heart quicken. This always happened to me I was- I am so in love with her.

Sofia: I-

I look at Isabela's eyes they were so gorgeous like if I looked at them for too long I would get lost in them, my eyes slowly lowered to look at her soft looking lips. I-I wanted to kiss her. I quickly snap out of my daze as I pulled my hand away from hers.

Sofia: I'm fine Isabela...

Isabela opened her mouth to say something, but then we heard Abuela calling for her. She quickly got up and turned to me with a sad smile as she walked out of the room. I let out the air I didn't know I was holding as I stood up and walked out the door.

???: You know I wasn't even in the room and I could feel the sexual tension.

I yelped as I turned around to see the second oldest of the Madrigal kids.

Sofia: Dol!?

I covered my mouth remembering that Dolores is sensitive to loud noises. I looked at her and responded with a lower voice.

Sofia: Wha-what are you talking about?

Dolores: I mean is pretty obvious that you like Isabela...

Dolores said making her squeaky noise at the end.

Sofia: Why is that cute? I- is it really that obvious?

Camilo came from behind her with that shit eating grin on his face.

Camilo: Yeah and it's also obvious that she's drooling over you...

Coco came flying and landed on Dolores' shoulder singing in agreement. I could feel my face heat up I opened my mouth to say something until Señora Julieta called everyone for dinner. She looked at us from downstairs and told me if I wanted to stay for dinner. I smiled awkwardly as my face was still red.

Sofia: Sure, Señora Julieta...

She smiled and walked away, Dolores and Camilo walked downstairs as if nothing happened. I felt someone grabbed onto my sweater as I looked down to see Antonio.

Antonio: Camilo is right...She likes your butt and fancy hair...I know Dolores and I read her diary.

He said smiling as he walked away leaving me a flustered and confused mess.

Sofia: Que mierd-

Narrator's POV:

Sofia was sitting down between Isabela and Mirabel as they were all eating. Sofia and Mirabel were talking about what type of crafting they could do next as someone cleared their throat getting everyone's attention it was abuela.

Abuela: Now that we are all here I wanted to inform you about the arrange marriage with the Guzman.

Sofia: What?

Sofia looked around as everyone smiled but she was still confused as fuck.

Abuela: Our perfect Isabela is going to married Mariano!

Everyone clapped as Sofia looked down her throat was dry as she slowly looked up at Isabela who looked away from her.

Sofia: What? But I thought-

Camilo: It's pretty clear that Isabela likes you.

Sofia snap out of her trance as she heard someone getting up from their chair she looked up to see Dolores. Dolores looked at her a tear coming down her face that no one seemed to notice and then walks away.

Sofia: Dolores...

Sofia: You like Mariano don't you?

A 15 year old Sofia asked Dolores. Dolores looked at her, her cheeks turning a soft red.

Dolores: What? N-no-

Sofia looked at her with a teasing grin.

Sofia: Your flustered expression says otherwise~

Dolores: Fine, I like Mariano but don't tell no one!

Sofia: I promise I won't...

Sofia laughs as Dolores grabbed her shoulders and starts shaking her.

Dolores: Maldita, no te rías si no, no the creo! (Damn you, don't laugh if you do, I won't believe you!)

Sofia: Okey, okey.

Sofia pulls away forms Dolores as she puts her hand on her heart.

Sofia: I promise I won't tell no one that you have a crush on meat head.

Dolores: Hey!

Sofia frowns, no longer concerned about her feelings. She looks around and smirks as she looks at the drink in front on her, kicks the table as the drink spills on her, she stands up with a fake gasp.

Sofia: Maldición!

She looks around as she excuses herself and walks in the same direction as Dolores. Everyone looks at each other confused as Isabela hides a frown, biting her inner cheek.

Pepa: She knows that's not the way towards the bathroom, right?

With Sofia

Sofia looks around, unable to locate Dolores. Casita's tiles shifted as it guided her outside. Sofia looks puzzled at Casita as it pointed somewhere with it's window. She finally gets the hint and heads in that direction.

Sofia: Thank you casita!

Sofia sprints up a hill she is all too familiar with; it was the hill where Isabela and her used to play as kids. She frowned as she noticed Dolores curled up in a fetal position. Dolores clearly heard her and looked at her quickly wiping her tears as Sofia approached with carefulness. She knelt down to her level, grabbed her hand, and smiled warmly at her.

Sofia: Don't worry, it's okay to cry Dol...I'm here.

Dolores' eyes widened briefly as tears streamed down her cheeks. She embraced Sofia as she broke into tears. The only thing Sofia could do was rub her back and comfort her as a tear of her own fell down her face.