The Ceremony

Narrator's POV:

Isabela walked around the house, decorating it with roses and vines, while Sofia followed her like a lost puppy. Isabela didn't say anything to her after she put her down; she just pretended nothing had happened. That is, until they reached a location where no one could see them. Isabela came to a halt on her path, causing Sofia to bumped with her.

Sofia: Ah, sorry Isa I-

Isabela: Do you like Dolores?

Isabela turned around to face Sofia, who looked at her as if she had grown two heads.

Sofia: Pardon?

Isabela scoffs as she leans closer to Sofia's face making Sofia hold her breath.

Isabela: Do.You.Like.Dolores?

Sofia: I...well...

Dolores: You're so kind to me, Sofi...

Sofia looked at Isabela, who had her arms crossed and was still waiting for a response.

Sofia:...No...I...I don't like Dolores...

Sofia murmurs under her breath, which seems to have annoyed Isabela even more.

Isabela: Then why are you whispering?! Are you afraid she'll hear you or something?!

Sofia just seems more confused...what was up with her today? Sofia frowns as she pushes Isabela back without making her trip.

Sofia: Isabela enough!!

Isabela looked at Sofia shocked...she never raised her voice like that to her before.

Sofia: What is up with you today?! Why do you even care what me and Dolores—

Isabela: Because I'm jealous okay?!

Now was Sofia's turn to be shocked.

Sofia: I—what?

Isabela averted her gaze, embarrassed, tears threatening to fall down her cheeks. She takes a deep breath and continues speaking.

Isabela: I'm jealous that Dolores has had more time with you, and I'm stuck with that...that big dumb hunk!

Isabela exclaimed as tears streamed down her cheeks. Sofia looks at her, and as her face softens, she gently grabs Isabela's cheek and wipes away her tears.

Sofia: It's all right, let it out...

She hugged Isabela, who immediately hugged her back.

Sofia: I promise I'll spend more time with you, okay?

Isabela didn't say anything, instead burying her face against Sofia's shoulder.

Time skip

Sofia: So many people...

She said as she looked around the casita full of people...she was so...overwhelmed.

???: Wow...

She heard someone whisper. She turned around to see Dolores looking at her in awe.

Dolores: You look amazing...

Dolores said as she approached Sofia, who responded with a chuckle

Sofia: Thank you...I kinda forced myself to wear a dress for this occasion so I'm glad someone appreciate it.

Dolores chuckles.

Dolores: Well I think you look great...you really do look drop-dead gorgeous.

Sofia looks at her for a moment before covering her face.

Sofia: Dolores you're going to be the death of me...

Sofia mutters under her breath, making Dolores smirk proudly. Dolores smiled as she gently grabbed her hand.

Dolores: I have to leave...will we meet after the ceremony?

Sofia: I—

Sofia looked down at Dolores who was smiling softly at her.

Sofia: S-sure...

Dolores hummed with delight as she walked away with a bounce in her step. Sofia simply smiled at her as a sudden realization hit her.

Sofia: I promise I'll spend more time with you, okay?

Sofia: Mierda.

???: Language...

Sofia turned around to see no other than Isabela Madrigal.

Sofia: Double fuck.

Isabela's POV:

Well the ceremony was a success. Antonio received his gift, which is the ability to communicate with animals. I'm glad it didn't turn out like the last time... I was looking around for Sofia when I noticed her sitting down and drinking some wine. Because of the family photo and the commotion with Mirabel, I had left her alone. I laugh at the awkward expression on her face. She's just too cute.

Isabela: She really doesn't like big crowds does she...

I try to make my way towards her only for Mariano to get in my way. I quickly put on a fake smile internally screaming at how close I was to just being with Sofia.

Mariano: The most perfect flower would you like to dance with me?

As he extends his hand towards me, I look at him, and return my gaze to Sofia, who is conversing with Camilo. Camilo shapeshifted into me, making a kissing motion towards her, only to have wine spilled on his face. I let out a small laugh before being interrupted by a voice.

Mariano: Uh...Isabela?

I return my gaze to Mariano, who is still holding out his hand to me. As I accepted his hand, I mentally sighed.

Isabela: I would love (not really) to dance with you...

He smiles as he takes me to the dance floor.

Sofia's POV:

Camilo approached me as I was about to finish another cup of wine.

Camilo: What are you doing, Mamacita?

I sigh and look at him as I pour another cup of wine.

Sofia: What do you want Camilo?

Camilo: Nothing I was just bored...

Camilo looked around as a smirk formed on his face. He looks at me and shapeshifts into Isabela.

Sofia: Can you not turn into Isabela?

I said a little annoyed. Camilo only smirked at me in return.

Camilo: Does it make you uncomfortable when I turn into your girlfriend? Are you fighting the urge to make out with me right now?

Camilo said as he leans in making kissing motions.

Sofia: Ew...

I said as I threw my wine at his face. He coughed and shifted back to himself. A laugh was heard from behind us we both looked to see Antonio.

Camilo: Toñito!

Camilo smiled widely as he hugged his brother ruffling his hair.

Sofia: He really does love his brother...

The cute sight makes me smile. Camilo can be irritating at times, but he genuinely cares about the people he loves. I turn around to see Isabela and Mariano dancing... Why the fuck does he dance like that? (A/N: No hate to Mariano by the way) I frown as I poured myself another cup of wine.

Sofia: This is going to be a long night...