Working Hard

Narrator's POV:

Sofia follows Maribel and grabs the supplies off of her hands with one hand as she checks on Mirabel.

Sofia: Are you okey?

Mirabel stands there dumbfounded but snaps out of it and look at Sofia confused.

Mirabel: I-I'm fine why do you ask?

Sofia: Well...you hit the post pretty hard.

Mirabel's face turns red with embarrassment as they enter the kitchen and she groans.

Mirabel: You saw that...that was embarrassing!

Sofia chuckles as she hefts the supplies onto the kitchen counter. Sofia was concerned for Mirabel, but trying not to show it, and try to cheer her up instead.

Sofia: It's okey Mirabel, I don't think anyone else saw but Isabela.

Mirabel: That's even worse.

Julieta is in the kitchen as she sees Sofia and Mirabel. She notices Mirabel is clearly overcompensating and embarrassed so she sidles over to Mirabel.

Julieta: Mi vida, are you okay? You know you don't
have to over-do it.

Mirabel: I know, Mamá, I just want to do my part like the rest of the family.

Mirabel lifts a heavy object on the counter, the House shuffles it away, revealing...Agustin, his nose is covered in gross welts that are impossible not to stare at. Sofia looks uncomfortable as she goes behind Mirabel.

Agustin: She's right, Amor-

Agustin puts a hand on Mirabel's hand making her groans in disgust.

Mirabel: Eee-

Agustin: First gift ceremony since yours, lot of emotions and I've been there—

Sofia: I don't think is a good idea to compare his situation with Mirabel's.

Sofia turns around towards Julieta and addresses her.

Sofia: Um, Señora Julieta bee stings...

Julieta turns around confused until she sees her husband.

Julieta: Ay, Agustín.

Julieta sighs and starts working on a cure.

Agustin: When me and your Tio Félix married into the family. Outsiders who had no gift, never ever would, surrounded by the exceptional, it was easy to feel...
un-ceptional...

Mirabel: Okay, Papi...

Agustin: I'm just saying I get it—

Julieta jams an Arepa in Agustín's mouth, healing him and shoves him away.

Julieta: Eat.

Julieta then turns to Mirabel with a concerned look.

Julieta: Mi amor, if you ever want to talk-

Mirabel: I gotta put out the stuff, the house isn't gonna decorate itself -

When she said that the Casita drops some decorations as Mirabel look sorry and apologizes to Casita.

Mirabel: Sorry, you could. You look great.

Sofia chuckles as the casita raises its decorations back up.  Mirabel grabs Sofia's hand and drags her with her leaving with a bunch of stuff as Julieta looks on.

Time skip

Sofia and Mirabel can be seen in the upper balcony as Mirabel arranges a bunch of candles around the second floor, Sofia offered to help since she already finished everything else but Mirabel refuses so Sofia just stands there making sure Mirabel doesn't hurt herself. How? Idk but she's a clumsy girl so...yeah.

Sofia: She is really working hard...

Mirabel lights the candles and pulls out an Abuela doily that she's worked extra hard on.

Abuela: One hour!

Abuela said startling Sofia and Mirabel as Mirabel drops the candle, which ignite the candle doily she made for Abuela.

Sofia: Ay, dios mío.

Mirabel: No, no no—

Mirabel and Sofia try to put out the fire as Abuela gets close to them and Sofia stands up looking at Abuela smiling awkwardly. Abuela smiles back as she turns to Mirabel.

Abuela: Maybe you should leave the decorations to someone else?

Mirabel peers up to see...abuela, watching Mirabel, who couldn't look more incompetent as she stomps the fire. Sofia facepalms as an awkward atmosphere sets in.

Mirabel: No, I actually made these as a
surprise - for you—

As Mirabel holds up the doily, it smolders. She realizes the doily it still on fire.

Mirabel: ooo—

Abuela sighs. As she turns to Sofia who grabbed the rest of the doilys making sure the same fate doesn't happen to them.

Abuela: Sofía...

Sofia stiffs and looks at abuela smiling awkwardly.

Sofia: Si, Señora Alma...

Abuela: Isabela was looking for you a moment ago maybe you should go see what she wants.

Sofia looks at abuela and then at Mirabel. She gives Mirabel a warm smile as she hand her the doilys.

Sofia: Are you going to be okay on your own?

Mirabel returns the smile and nods letting out a "Mm-hmm." Sofia pats Mirabel's head as she heads to look for Isabela.

Time skip

Sofia looks around for Isabela and stops as a frown forms on her face. She finally spotted Isabela...with Mariano from the upper balcony. Isabela clearly looking uncomfortable too bad Mariano was too dense to notice. Sofia quickly heads downstairs to save Isabela but fails to notice the person in front of her.

BANG

A crash can be heard as Sofia loses her balance and collides with the other person. With her head pounding and her back aching, she tried to refocus her gaze on who had caused her to fall. Her eyes fluttered open to see Dolores right above her, pinning her on the ground, her eyes blinking repeatedly.

Sofia: Oh, Hi...

Sofia managed to whisper, a blush spreading across her face as a result of how close their faces were. Dolores finally stopped blinking excessively and looked Sofia in the eyes.

Dolores: Hi...

She only smiled. Sofia couldn't bear looking at Dolores' eyes any longer, so she turned to the side in embarrassment, only to see Mariano and Isabela staring back at her. Mariano has a puzzled expression on his face, but Isabela... Isabela's smile causes Sofia to flinch. It was the kind of smile she gave when she was trying to hide the fact that she was extremely angry. Dolores appears to notice Sofia's distress looking in the same direction. Her eyes widen as she becomes aware of the aura that surrounds Isabela.

Dolores: Mierda...

She whispers as she quickly got up and dusts herself off. She looked at Sofia and offered her a hand, but Isabela lifted Sofia up with her vines and walked away with her, leaving a confused Mariano and a worried Dolores behind.