Pretty Crier

Sofia's POV:

I ran out of the house making my way up the hill to the tree-shaded place. When I reach the top of the hill, I came to a halt when I hears someone calling my name. I turn around to the familiar voice whispering my name.

Sofia: Dolores?

She looks at me sighing in relief, Dolores quickly walks up to me and wraps her arms around me.

Dolores: I heard what happened...Are you okey?

I don't respond; instead, I hug her tightly, my vision blurring as tears stream down my cheeks, and I finally burst out crying.

Sofia: Why would she- I-

My voice cracked. I couldn't figure out why Isabela said such things. I understand why she was upset, but why did she say that out of all things. Dolores just held me and didn't seem to care how loud my sobbing and crying was. She hummed in my ear, soothing me until my sobs turned into sniffles.

Dolores: Come on, I know where we can go.

She said, pulling me along with her. I silently walk with her; my fingers intertwined with hers. As the two of us walk along the Encanto, she traces shapes on my hand with her thumb. The walk was silence but I appreciate it, it was soothing. When we finally arrived I look around and notice that she took me to the same spot I had taken her to. We kept walking until we reach the river. We both stand there silently until Dolores breaks it.

Dolores: Do you want to talk?

She said seating herself on the grass. I seat myself next to her, staying silent. She looks at me, noticing the tears streaming down my cheeks.

Dolores: Sofia...

She said while grabbing my face and wiping away my tears. I look at her as she smiled at me softly.

Dolores: Has anyone told you that your a pretty crier?

I smile as I lean into her touch, closing my eyes. Her hands were warm and smooth I just wanted to stay like this...it was calming.

Sofia: No...

Dolores: Well now you have.

I open my eyes and chuckle as I scoot closer. After a few moments of silence. I looks at her, noticing the loving look in her eyes.

Dolores' POV:

I was looking at Sofia, god she is just so beautiful. Her lips. Why did her lips have to be so pretty? So plump and soft, they looked so cute. I wonder what they tast-

Dolores: We should just kiss.

Sofia: What-

Sofia attempted to speak, but I cut her off when I realized what I had just said.

Dolores: I mean uh-

My breath caught in my throat. I messed up. This wasn't supposed to happen. She's sad right now why did I said that?! She doesn't need this right now! Way to go me! yey!

Dolores: I'm sorry I-

I look up to meet a pair of radiant blue eyes looking straight at me.

Dolores: When did she get so close?

Somehow, while I was panicking Sofia had walked right in front of me. Now she was close. Really close. Our noses were almost touching, I could feel and hear her breath.

Dolores: I'm really sorr-

I was cut off by something soft on my lips. It takes a second before I realize Sofia is kissing me?! When I finally realize I was supposed to kiss back, I smiles and deepens the kiss. It's soft and better than everything I've dreamed about. Her arms wrap around my neck, softly playing with my hair while my hands rest on her waist, gently caressing. It's absolutely perfect. Sofia is the first to pull apart, and she immediately laughs seeing my face. I blink rapidly, mouth hanging open, trying to process what just happened.

Dolores: Did we just kiss?!Wait! Did i just take advantage of her? She was heartbroken, and i-

I start to feel bad I know that I want to be with her but doing this while she's at her lowest isn't right.

Dolores: I'm sorry.

I whispered, not meeting her eyes.

Dolores: I shouldn't have told you that.

Sofia: It's okay.

She said, matching my tone, and gently grabbed my face, forcing me to look at her as she smiled. God why does she have such a heartwarming smile?

Sofia: You don't have to be sorry. I was the one to kiss you, Dolores, and...I liked it.

Dolores: Oh.

I squeaked as my face began to feel hot. She chuckled as I stumbled over my words.

Dolores: Y-you did?

Sofia: Yeah...

Their was silence as we stared at each other's eyes. She smiled and drew me into a hug.

Sofia: You're so kind to me, Dol...

I chuckled, enjoying the warmth of her embrace, but as I hear Abuela calling for me , I slowly pull away and let out a groan.

Sofia: W-what happened did I make you uncomfortable?

I quickly looked up at her she looked so worried it was adorable.

Dolores: No, it's only...Abuela is calling.

Sofia: Oh...

We both slowly stand up as we dust ourselves off.

Dolores: Are you coming or...?

Sofia : I don't think I'm going...I don't really want to see Isabela right now and plus I want to take a shower and sleep already.

I nod in understatement but still feeling a little upset I wanted to spend more time with her.

Sofia: But...

I look up when I hear her voice and see her with a playful grin on her face.

Sofia: I'll see you later, right? After all I still owe you that date...

Dolores: I totally forgot about that...

I look up at her nodding quickly, a smile spread across my face. She laughs and pulls me into another hug before we part ways and I begin walking back to Casita.

Sofia's POV:

Sofa: Finally, I'm home!

I said as I let myself fall onto the bed. Today was a crazy day. First, I went on a crazy adventure with Mirabel, we nearly died in Bruno's tower, then we nearly got caught by Abuela, and then-

Isabela: Bullshit! You have no idea how I feel! Your parents are dead! You have no family!

My breath hissed as I remember that but then the memory of kissing Dolores came into my head as I smiled to myself.

Sofia: Okey then.

I said getting up and getting into the shower, and when I finished, I threw myself back into bed and closed my eyes, immediately falling asleep because I was so tired.