Dummy

Sofia's POV:

Darkness

That was all my vision could see. I was so confused the last thing I remember doing is falling asleep so...

Sofia: Is this a dream...?

I look around as I notice a figure in the shadows. I hesitate but proceed to it, and as I got closer, I realized who it was.

Sofia: Isabela..?

It was Isabela

It was Isabela. She was the same but she had a ring on her finger.

Sofia: Oh, no.

Isabela: You said you would help me...

Sofia: Isa...

Isabela: I never meant to tell you those things and I'm sorry I just...I didn't want to marry Mariano!

A rush of guilt pases through me. I know it's just a dream but it still hurts she was always there for me as I was there for her and I betrayed her trust.

Isabela: I just want to be with you...

She said approaching me and embarrassing me into a hug. I slowly return her hug, burying my face in her neck.

Sofia: I'm truly sorry...

My eyes open wide as I look around and out of the window it's dark. I look at the clock to see it's only around 7.

Sofia: Okey, I think I still have time!

I jump out of bed and stood up determined to stop the proposal if it's not too late, only to fall face first on the floor. I groaned and lifted my head, seeing that my foot had become entangled in the covers.

Sofia: Ugh, not again...

I ran as fast as I could to Casita and I saw some villagers outside with some congratulation banner.

Sofia: Oh hell no!

I sped up and went around the villagers to open the door as they yelled congratulations, only to find a disaster inside. Because of Señora Pepa's cloud, everyone was drenched, and Mariano's nose looked like a smashed...papaya?

Sofia: Uh...why do I feel like I jinxed that and what the fuck happened?

Before I could say anything Mariano ran out crying because of his I assumed failed proposal followed by his mom and Abuela.

Abuela: Señora, por favor!

Mirabel walked out with a worried expression on her face.

Mirabel: Abuela, please—there's gotta be an explanation!

Sofia: Mirabel what happened?!

Mirabel gives me a worried look.

Mirabel: It's Bruno's vision...

My eyes widen as I return my gaze to the room. I made eye contact with Dolores, who was covering her ears and smiling nervously at me. I then look at Isabela, who was making her way out and only gave me a sidelong glance, a look of guilt on her face as she walked away. I look between her and Mirabel and puts my hands on Mirabel's shoulders.

Sofia: We'll continue this later I need to make sure she's okay...

Mirabel stood there as she nod in understatement. I smiled and hugged her before making my way to Isabela. I see her enter her room and slammed the door. I carefully approach Isabela's room and gently knock on the door.

Sofia: Isabela open the door please...

I pressed my ear against the door, but I couldn't hear anything. I hesitated as I placed my hand on the doorknob, twisted it, and slowly opened the door. There was no sign of Isabela inside. I enter the room and close the door behind me.

Sofia: Isa?

I started to walk towards her bed when I felt a pair of hands wrap around me.

Isabela: I'm-I am so sorry...

Sofia: Isabela it's okey-

Isabela: No! It's not okay! I didn't want to marry Mariano, but I didn't have the courage to tell Abuela. It wasn't your fault! It was mine...I shouldn't have said such things about your parents...you loved your parents and I'm so sorry...

I slowly turn around to face Isabela, who still had her arms around me. She was sobbing, and her makeup was a complete mess. I smile at her as I cup her cheek.

Sofia: You're such an ugly crier Isa...I forgive you I know your head wasn't in the right place.

She just looks at me, leans into my touch and smile weakly.

Isabela: Why do you forgive me so easily...?

Sofia: Because not a lot of people have the courage to apologize and plus we promise we'll always be best friends right?

Isabela's eyes become glossy as tears stream down her cheeks once more.

Isabela: Y-yeah...

We embrace each other as Isabela buries her face on my neck.

Isabela: I'm so lucky to have you...

I chuckled as she holds me tightly. I pull away to meet her gaze, only to feel something soft against my lips. Isabela was kissing me, and I couldn't even process what was going on before she pulled away. She smiled at me, the most genuine smile I'd seen her have in a long time.

Isabela: I love you sofi...

Sofia: Isa...I-

Isabela: You don't have to say it back I know...I know you have feelings for Dolores and I.

I look at her shock as she cup my cheek.

Isabela: And I just want to let you know that it doesn't matter who you pick. I will always be there for you...

I smile and laugh as Isabela looked at me confused.

Isabela: What are you laughing about?

Sofia: It's just that I haven't seen this side of you in a long time, Isa.

Isabela: What side of me?

I cup her cheek and smile at her, a red flush spreading across Isabela's cheeks.

Sofia: The less-than-perfect side of yourself the one who is gentle and caring...The one that has so many things that make her distinctive.

Isabela's face immediately turns bright red, making it very visible.

Isabela: Stop Flattering me! I'm not done apologizing!

She sighs and covers her face in embarrassment. I grab her hands and uncover her face, I laugh even harder when I saw her embarrassment expression it was adorable.

Sofia: I already forgave you dummy.