Hot and Cold

All I see while awake or asleep is Elijah's dead body. I feel completely numb, absolutely nothing.
" Eva you have to eat." I turn my head toward Stefan nodding I grab the bag he handed me and start eating the fries in the bag.
"Eva my love I understand your sad about your dear Elijah taking a nap but this is a bit ridiculous." I ignore him and continue numbly eating. He smacks the bag out of my hand then grabs my chin forcefully. I flinch away but he doesn't release his grip.
"Don't touch me Klaus." I say to him as strongly as I can. He releases his hold on me and turns away with an irritated sigh. I look out the window and watch the world pass me by.

I see Elijah's dead body with a dagger through his heart. I try to grip onto it but I cannot make contact. I can't help but let the sobs fall from my lips as I continue to try to pull the dagger out. "Eva wake up."

I gasp awake and look into Klaus's blue eyes that look back at me in concern. I push him away, "I told you not to touch me Klaus!" I say while still sobbing as I was in my dream.
"Eva, this whole act is quite dramatic love."
"Klaus! Do you know what I see everytime I close my eyes? I see Elijah's dead body! Because of this stupid magical connection I cannot stop seeing him dead!" I sob while curling myself into a ball. Hiding my head in my knees.
"You should have told me Elijah was going to kill me! You betrayed me!"
I start laughing brokenly, "And look at what you did. He spared your life and you took his."
"He would have killed me if I didn't reveal I didn't drop my family at sea!" I look up at him he is glaring at me.
"I don't believe that. He wouldn't have killed you. He might have almost done it but I don't believe he would have finished the act. I told Elijah that multiple times. What do you wish I would have done?"
"Told me his plan!"
"Why so you could kill him first?"
"Yes!" I sigh.
"That's the problem Klaus, I will not choose you over your brother, nor will I choose your brother over you. Expectually when your lives are at stake. If there was a way I could have made sure you both stayed alive I would have, but ultimately it was out of my hands." He then grabs my hand and takes my vervain ring off so fast I barley comprehend what he's doing. He grabs my chin and I close my eyes. "Let go of me!" I yell while trying to fight his hold on me.
"Love I just need to know your telling me the truth, now open your pretty eyes."
"I don't want you having access to my every thought Klaus!"
He sighs, "I only am going to compel the truth out of you. Trust me love."
"Trust you like you trust me?" I stop fighting him as it's getting me nowhere. Minutes go by before I give up and open my eyes just wanting to get this over with. He looks into my eyes, "Did you help Elijah execute his plan to kill me."
"No."
"Did you truly believe Elijah wouldn't kill me."
"Yes." He then releases his grip on my chin. Still looking into my eyes he says, "I'm sorry." Then he turns away from me.

time skip

We pull up to a hotel in the middle of nowhere. When we stop I unbuckle my seat belt and go to open the door to find Klaus already standing there wearing a dumb smirk with the door wide open. I swear this man is bipolar, he's angry one minute then smirking the next. I step out and stretch. Klaus grabs my hand and starts dragging me to the front door and up to the front desk. "Hello how can I help you?" The women behind the desk asks us. Klaus releases my hand then leans forward. "We need three of your best rooms."
"I'm sorry sir but we only have 2 rooms left available for tonight." Great now I'm either stuck with Stefan or Klaus. This day just keeps getting more and more miserable.
"We will take those rooms on the house." The women looks at him with a smile then nods and hand over two room keys. "Enjoy your stay." Klaus then grabs my hand again dragging me through the hotel to find our room. Stefan went a separate way as his room was across the hotel.
Klaus let's go of his hold on my hand then opens the door to the hotel room. He holds the door open for me and I walk in.