3

I took my time showering and getting ready, thankful for my dad preparing for me to be home. He had Gemma go shopping for some toiletries for me which I will forever be in debt to her over.

I dried my hair with a towel and realized just how curly it could be when I could take care of it properly. I scrunched some products into it and let it air dry as I applied a small amount of makeup. Gemma only bought me mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. I'd have to start working again so I could afford the stuff I prefer.

When I decided I was ready for the party, it was nearly seven o'clock. I ran to the kitchen and made a sandwich, eating it slowly as I wandered the house looking at the pictures from when Opie and I were little. There were also some of my niece and nephew who had grown far far too much in the time I was inside.

When I was done eating and had brushed my teeth, I headed down to the garage where my bike was.

"Dad," I groaned, smiling at the note he'd left on the bike. He'd had Ope and Jax do a tune up so she was ready for me to ride.

I slid my leg over the bike and instantly felt relaxed. Something about riding just relaxed me beyond anything else.

I backed the bike out of the garage and ran back in to shut the door and lock up. As I was sliding my leather jacket on, the police department Jeep stopped out front.

"Well if it isn't Edith Winston," David Hale said as he got out. He went to school with my brother and Jax so he's about five years older than me.

"What can I do for ya deputy?"

"You're not planning on breaking in anywhere are you?"

"Now David," I said. "I've spent the last three years inside learning right from wrong. Reform is the goal right?"

"Where you headed to?"

"I am going to my welcome home party with my dad and friends. Then tomorrow I'm gonna go see my brother. Sunday I'll probably be sleeping in peace most the day. Oh, and Monday I report to the parole office," I said. "Beyond that you'll have to check in with me after Monday."

"Very funny. Stay out of trouble. I don't want to have to arrest you," he said.

"Well good thing I'm just going to have a few drinks and experience life on the outside. If you'll excuse me, I'm late."

He nodded and headed back to his Jeep so I hopped on my bike and rode it down to Teller Morrow. I parked it opposite the bikes of members and headed into the clubhouse.

I sat down at the bar as Bobby walked up.

"Elvis, good to see you man," I said.

"You too baby."

"How you been?"

"Better than you," he said.

"Wasn't really a competition though," I said. He hugged me and told me it was good to have me home. He got a beer and took off as Tig ran up and hugged me as an older bald guy sat down beside me.

"Houdini," Tig said.

"Uncle Tig," I responded, matching his tone.

"You wanna prospect?"

"Since the day I learned to ride. You know that," I said, hugging him and swiping his wallet in the process.

"Why do they call you Houdini?" The guys who sat down next to us asked.

"She can get in and out of anywhere, escape anything. It's impressive Hap," Tig said.

"I also know slide of hand magic and it taught me to pick pocket." I held up Tig's wallet and started going through it.

"I'd offer you the condoms, but I don't think extra small will fit," I said, looking at him as Tig protested.

He chuckled and shook his head.

I took a ten out of the wallet and gave it back. "Do better."

Tig rolled his eyes and had the prospect get him a beer.

"Any of these croweaters any good?" I asked, staring out at the party with Tig and Hap.

"You into girls?"

"Yeah, I'm also into mysterious brothers who think I'm off limits because they obviously know that I'm Piney's daughter," I said.

"Happy, you've got your hands full with her," Tig said. I chuckled as did Happy. Tig took off with a blonde croweater.

"She's the best," Happy said. "Don't think any of em are into women."

I rolled my eyes. "It's fine. I need a good fuck anyways. Know where I can find one?"

"I might have an idea," he said. I got the prospect to get me a couple shots of Fireball and I downed them quickly before Happy took my hand and led me back to his dorm.