42

The next morning I was up and at it before the lot was alive. I sat down on the steps of their clubhouse once I was dressed and ready. I thought about maybe taking off but I figured I should clear that with Opie first.

I was still sitting on the steps half an hour later when Coco pulled back onto the lot.

"Come on," he said, nodding to the back of his bike. "Gotta go get the chica blanca her morning coffee."

I chuckled at him as I ran and grabbed my helmet. I slid it on before stepping over his bike. He was a high quality rider but it was nothing compared to riding solo or behind Happy.

"This place has the best breakfast," he said. "And butcher shop is right down there." He motioned to where Angel stood with an older gentleman.

"Hey so anyone been inside the cigar shop?" I asked as we stood in line.

"Yeah. Only wants English spoken. Refuses service to anyone who looks like they might be an immigrant."

"Fucker picked the wrong town to be racist in," I said. Coco laughed a bit and we got to the front of the line. He ordered before turning to me. I just got a coffee and he ordered me some type of wrap.

"Coco," I said.

"Gotta eat," he said. "Gonna be a long day." We sat outside and ate before I had to go case the shop.

"Come with me," I said. "Act as my translator so he doesn't think I'm the same person."

I grabbed some Bobby pins and clipped my braids up a bit so I could hide them with a backwards ball cap. I slid my kutte off and Coco locked it into a compartment on his bike. He handed me a hoodie which I thanked him for and I slid it on. We walked past Angel and his father. I smiled a bit at Angel before sliding my sunglasses on.

"Ah see now I know how you got to patch. Lookin like a little man."

I rolled my eyes and forced Coco to continue on to the store. We headed inside and Zobelle was yelling about how he didn't want any hoodlums in his store.

"Relax man. They're my cousin," Coco said. "Just trying to pick up a gift for my tio before returning to Mexico. Came to visit for abuela's birthday."

I turned to look at Coco and nodded a bit. The security was pretty comparable to what he'd had in Charming. Nothing. There was a camera on the front door but otherwise.

"You think he knows Spanish?" I asked.

"Don't speak that-."

"That's a no," Coco said with a chuckle.

"We can head out. Tell him I said I didn't see anything your tio would like," I said. Coco nodded and relayed the message to Zobelle. We left and headed back to the clubhouse. We still had an hour or so before church. Opie was up finally and there was a coffee pot started somewhere.

"How'd it go?" Opie asked looking at Coco as he watched me.

"Same bullshit security he had up north," I said. "Gotta let me kill him this time though."

He nodded a bit. "That call comes from Jax and Bishop."

I agreed with him and sat down.

"Hey, chica blanca," Angel yelled across the lot.

"I've got a name asshole," I yelled back earning a smirk from him.

"You poor northerners need some cold water or anything?"

"Yes, please," I said. I turned to Opie. "I'm dying and it ain't even 10 am.

We sat around talking in the air conditioned clubhouse until it was time for templo.