18

I groaned slightly as I woke up. I changed into some clean jeans and a clean Harley shirt before sliding a black zip up sweatshirt on. I headed to the bathroom and brushed my hair and my teeth before finishing getting ready.

"Good morning," my father said as I walked into the living room.

"I hate mornings," I said. He nodded and handed me a muffin.

"Bobby baked yesterday," he said. I bit into muffin and grimaced a little since I'd just brushed my teeth. I got a glass of water and chugged it before continuing to eat.

About five minutes later we headed out. When we pulled into the lot, Opie and Rosen were already there. Juice was just pulling in in one of the rental cars.

"TM is pickup only while we sort this shit," Ope said. I nodded. I knew I was on TM office duty.

"Lets head into church," Ope said as Juice walked up with Ian in his arms.

"Call Elyda," he said. She was the club's go to nanny.

"I've got him in the mean time," I said.

I made the phone call from the TM office as I sat with Ian in my lap. She couldn't start today. I rolled my eyes and headed into the clubhouse for coffee. One of the croweaters was making coffee and she got it for me.

"If you need to be in there, I can take him," she said. I shook my head no. Not without Juice's permission.

After about twenty minutes Sack came looking for me. I had to leave Ian with the croweater.

I made my way into church and told them Lowell was in the garage with strict orders to get me if he needed me and Ian was with the croweater. I told Juice that Elyda would start the day after tomorrow as Ian's nanny.

"With what we have from last night and Jax's house as collateral, we can get Jax and Bobby out."

I glared at Rosen. "Aren't there club properties or something?"

"We can't use anything in Clay or Gemma's name without their permission," Rosen said.

"How much would we need to get all five guys?"

"$200,000," Rosen said. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Fuck."

"Yeah," Ope said. "Cause we don't get them out and get either Sack or Koz voted in we can't do shit while their inside."

I nodded. I knew that was the case.

"Jax and Tara are getting cozy," I said. "Think she'd be interested in getting him out of jail?"

Sure enough, as if I'd managed to summon her, I heard her high pitched screaming from the clubhouse main room.

"What is your issue?" I asked as I walked out.

"Edith," she said. "Where the hell is Jax?"

"Most our guys were picked up last night. Illegal weapons," Ope said. We were all now standing outside of church.

"Fuck and the cops are here," Juice said, pointing to the monitors.

"Koz and Juice take the cops," Opie said. "We need $200,000 to get them out. Jax would never let us bail him out over the others."

She nodded. "Use my dad's old place and Jax's house. That ought to get you close."

"Um they want Edith for questioning," Juice said as he jogged back in.

"I've got it," I said. "I was here all night last night."

"I'll go file the paperwork with both houses-."

"And the cutlass," Tara added. That old car might just get us where we needed.

"And then I'll meet you at the station Edith."

I nodded and walked out.

"What can I do for ya Wayne?" I asked.

"We need you for questioning," he said.

"On what?"

"There was a break in last night at Zobelle's Cigar shop. And you, young lady are the top of the suspect list. Considering your new buddies we're arrested trying to shoot up an AB gathering that was actually a church meeting."

"Um I was here but sure I'd love to spend my day in an interrogation room. Think we can do my piss test for parole while I'm there. So you don't have to see me too many times this week?"

"Gotta cuff ya," Wayne said, completely ignoring my smart mouth.

I nodded and put my hands behind my back and locking my pointer fingers together. He cuffed me before putting me in the back seat of his cruiser.