45

I pushed Coco out of the car and grabbed my shit, taking it into the RV before going into the clubhouse and getting coffee.

"It's done," I said. I felt shitty about the stunt I'd pulled. I knew Happy would be pissed if he heard that I did that. I needed to tell him anyway.

Opie just nodded.

"Calling Hap on the prepaid." I walked outside and grabbed the flip phone. I told Happy everything, making sure no one was close enough to listen. I knew Ope would have told Jax already so that didn't matter.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked softly.

"No," he said. He sounded like he was. "You did what you had to so you weren't arrested."

"I know Mi amor. I can still feel shitty about it," I said.

"I'm not mad at you querida," Happy said.

"Chica blanca," Angel yelled. I looked up and he said we were meeting in templo.

"I gotta go. Table meeting. I think Ope and I should be home soon," I said.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said. I closed the prepaid and headed inside, dropping my phone into the box on my way through. Coco offered me a cigarette and I accepted it as he and Angel started telling everyone else how things went down.

"Well I think we're good here if the two of you want to head back to Charming," Bishop said.

"I can make return ride through calls," Creeper said.

"Thanks man," I said. I took another drag.

"Houdini, are you okay?" Bishop asked.

"Yeah," I said with a fake smile. "Ready to be out of this damn desert though."

The guys chuckled at that. We finished up and said our goodbyes before Opie and I headed out.

It was a long ride home. Eight hours hadn't ever felt so long before. I just wanted to shower and get that closeness with Coco off my skin. He was cool and he and Angel made some great friends in the short time I was there. But I never wanted either of them that close to my body. Happy was the only man I wanted near me like that.

When we got to the clubhouse some guys were out on a meeting with Laroy.

I went immediately to shower before going back to the clubhouse and sitting down next to the air conditioner with a cold hard lemonade.

A few minutes after I sat down, Happy walked in.

"Edith," he said softly as he kneeled in front of me. "I'll get my kit set up in our dorm. Add a star."

I nodded. My phone started to ring as he walked away. It was Coco.

"Hello," I said.

"Chica blanca," he said.

"Fuck I'm sorry. I know I told you'd I'd call that I made it home," I said.

"As long as you're okay," he said.

"I am. Thanks for checking Coco," I said.

"That's what friends are for," he said. "Now go see your man."

"Gotta get the feeling of you off my skin," I said. He laughed a bit and we said goodbye before I headed back to my dorm. Hap was waiting with his kit all set up and a ring in his hand.

"Querida, will you marry me?"

"Yes." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him into a kiss.

"First, shirt off," he said. I slid the shirt over my head and laid down on the bed so he could make quick work of the tattoo.

When he finished up, he took care of his kit quickly and pulled me into a deep kiss before tossing me onto the bed.

"I love you Mrs. Lowman," he said.

"Makes me sound like your Ma," I said with a laugh. He chuckled and agreed before kissing me again.