5

Half-Sack instantly took a fighting stance. I bounced on my toes a few times and tried to get used to how the old boxing ring felt under my feet.

He looked hesitant to want to swing first and this was not going to be an all day thing. I swung first with a right hook and he stumbled a little, I think because he was caught off guard by the swing.

The guys behind him groaned a little as he shook his head. He tried to swing at me but I ducked and got his ribs with my left hand. That seemed to sufficiently piss him off. He swung once more, this time with a left hook and I tried to block it, but missed and he got me in the cheek. I stumbled backwards slightly but was instantly back in front of him and trying to figure out how to get an uppercut in. I figured that would at least daze him so I could knock him out.

He swung with his left side again but I saw his plan before he did and backed up half a second before the punch would've landed. I swung for his ribs that were exposed and got in a solid contact as he stumbled.

"She packs a punch man," Sack said as Chibs was yelling at him.

"Fight me asshole," I said. He tried swinging again. This one came in contact with my jaw. By this point I was seeing red. I got a couple of jabs in and finished the combination with an uppercut which knocked him on his ass but he was quick to bounce up.

I laughed slightly as he seemed to be struggling. Chibs called for a time out.

"Oh we get coaching now," I said, rolling my eyes dramatically. Happy jumped up onto the edge of the ring and I walked over.

"You're doing great," he said. Jax and Tig had joined my side. I hoped that meant they'd seen enough to know I'd make a great prospect.

"I'd be doing better if he would fight me."

"Look, you gotta KO," Happy said. "It's the only way Clay lets you in. Chibs is telling him to kick your ass. Strike first and strike hard. Two more hits to the head he'll go down."

I nodded and Piney handed Happy a water bottle. I accepted the drink and Happy splashed some on my eyebrow where the skin had broke open somehow.

"Kick some ass little girl," he said. I turned back to the center of the mat and Bobby got us started once again.

I swung with a right hook, making solid contact with his cheek and he got a blow in to my ribs. I fell and took a deep breath. That broke something. I stood back up, ignoring Clay's taunts about walking away.

"I can't hit her," Sack said. I was visibly in pain. Great. I took the distraction to hit him twice in the face before trying to get another uppercut in. It's just hard when the opponent stands a full head taller than you.

He stumbled again and I kept my footing, swinging once more with a left hook.

He fell. I waited for him to get up, keeping myself on edge as Bobby walked over to him.

"Sack," Bobby said, kneeling by him.

"He's down. She wins," Happy said.

"He's right Pres," Jax said. "Houdini gets to prospect."

"No," Clay said.

"What do you mean no?" I asked, climbing down from the ring and groaning slightly as I did so.

"I mean you're not prospecting," Clay said. "End of story."

"I beat him fair and square. You watched me do it," I said, going to stand toe to toe with Clay.

"No Edith," he said.

"Give me my kutte," I said.

"We vote it," he said. "Church now. Edith help the prospect." I ran back to the ring and jumped back up to where Half-Sack was now sitting up and drinking some water.

"I'm sorry Sack," I said.

"You get your kutte?"

"They're going to vote," I said. "Let's go get some ice."