10

I was up early the next morning, dressing in some work jeans and a shirt before grabbing some coffee and toast. My father was just getting up as I ate.

"Morning," I said. He just grunted. Still not a morning person I guess.

"I've gotta go get parole shit sorted. I'll see ya at the garage later," I said. I rinsed my mug and kissed my dad's cheek before running out.

I hopped on my bike and made it to the office pretty quick. When I got inside they greeted me with the warm pathetic smile they always have for people on parole.

"Name's Edith Winston," I said. "I'm here to see Officer Jason Derrick."

"Yes ma'am. He's waiting for you," she said. She motioned to his office door. I'd gone to school with Jason so I think this might be a conflict of interest but I didn't care anymore.

"Hey Edith," he said. "Take a seat."

I sat down across from him and he handed me a stack of forms.

"Didn't miss this," I said with a laugh. He just shook his head.

"When are you going to learn?"

"Aw come on, live a little Jason," I said.

"So look, you've got monthly urine tests. Honestly Hale or Unser will probably do those. You have to meet with me every other week. No gang color or weapons," he said.

"About that," I said. "I'm prospecting into the Sons."

"What?" He asked with an audible groan.

"I know I'm sorry," I said. "Well not really we wouldn't be here if I had been a member before my arrest."

"Okay," he said. "Wayne won't care about the gang colors."

"Not a gang," I reminded him.

"Okay, do you have a job?"

"Teller Morrow," I said.

"And place of residence?"

"Living with my pops still," I said. He nodded and typed the stuff into the computer.

About an hour later our meeting was over and I was headed to work.

When I pulled into the lot Jax and Happy was at each other's necks about something.

I walked around them and tried to head to the office.

"You're the only one who can break 'em up," my dad said. I rolled my eyes but agreed.

"Hey assholes," I yelled as I walked up. They both turned to stare at me, stunned I would talk to them like that.

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Fuck no," Jax said. "This dickhead thinks that I shouldn't be president."

"Did he vote against you?"

"No," he said.

"Hap, what did you actually say?"

"That he needed to start acting like a president."

"What's your issue?" I asked.

"This fucker," Jax said.

"Ring," I said. "Now. You wanna act like idiots, settle this with a fight."

"You don't want that," Chibs said.

"Why not?"

"Because this is actually about you," Jax said.

"Oh so we're gonna fight over me like we're in high school?"

"No," Happy said. He turned to leave.

"Not til this shit is settled," I said and he froze.

"You don't tell me what to do," he said. I was slightly intimidated by him but he didn't need to know that.

"I just did," I said. "Now settled your shit because if I have to break up another fight over me I will lose my shit. And you, Jackson." I turned to face him. "I will fuck who I please same as any brother."

"Is that it?"

"What, that Hap was just a good fuck?" I asked. "I'd been inside three years. I needed dick and to not be somebody's bitch. Y'all get around that shit. Have one of the brothers claim you as theirs so you don't get bitched down. I didn't have that luxury. And for women size is what matters. I fought like hell and was still forced to be somebody's bitch."

"E, I'm sorry," Jax said.

"Don't fucking start with that. When you need me for prospect shit I'll be in the office. Juice, come one this shit needs dragged into this century."

I walked away with Juice as my side. He threw his arm around my shoulders and kissed my head.

"You okay E?"

"No," I said. We sat down together and started to work through some files.