16

When we pulled up in front of Zobelle's store, the first thing I noticed was the complete lack of lights. There should've been security lights. I motioned for Opie to park a little way down the block.

I slipped down an alley as Opie sat on his bike smoking a cigarette. I headed over to Zobelle's and picked the lock on a back door. This one didn't have a security alarm. Once it was open I slid my gloves on so I wouldn't leave finger prints and headed inside. There was no one.

I made my way to the store front and picked a few more locks on cases and rearranged some stuff. I took some cash from the safe but that was it. I didn't actually know anyone who would smoke cigars before they could be found. When I'd finished fucking with the stock, I looked around for something to break stuff with. There wasn't much so I picked up the brick they must use as a door stop and threw it at the glass case. It was reinforced too well. I searched my pockets quickly and found the pocket knife I was looking for. It had a windshield pick on it.

I shattered a few cases before breaking the glass of the front door and setting off the alarms I bolted for Opie and hopped on his bike as he started it. He sped back to the clubhouse and we were just getting into a parking spot when the police cruisers flew by.

"What'd you get?" He asked once we were inside.

"Few hundred," I said. "Took what I could from the safe but it wasn't much."

"Go count it," he said, nodding towards church.

"I'm gonna change first," I said. "Just in case PD shows up. Don't wanna be seen looking like I just robbed someone."

He nodded and I headed to the dorm I'd been sharing with Happy. I grabbed his white Sons shirt and switched my hoodie for that. I left my beanie and the sweatshirt in the room, put away so it didn't look like I'd worn them recently. I released my hair from the braids and put it into a messy bun. I even slid my glasses on in place of my contacts.

"There she is," Opie joked as I walked back to the clubhouse. I stuck my tongue out at him as I put my prospect kutte back on and headed into church.

I counted the money quickly. There was more than I expected. I split it and slid it into two envelopes.

"Cops," Opie yelled so I quickly put the envelopes into the safe. I shut the doors to church and jogged over to where Opie and Sack were heading out the door. We were the only three on the lot.

"What can we do for ya this evening?" Opie asked.

"We need everyone out here," Hale said.

"You've got us all," I said.

Opie just nodded to confirm and Hale started in about a break in on Main Street.

"Strange. We've all been here all night. I got babysitting duty of the prospects," Opie said. He slung an arm around each of us to emphasize his point. "But if word on the street gets back to us I'll be sure to let you know."

"Edith, where have you been all night?" Hale asked.

"Right here. Scrubbing the clubhouse top to bottom," I said. "Our parties make quite the mess."

"And you're sure you had nothing to do with it?"

"That would break my parole. I'm not trying to wind up back inside," I said.

"The gang colors break parole too," he said.

"We're not a gang," all three of us said in almost unison.

"My PO knows I'm prospecting. It's uh Jason Derrick. Maybe take your concerns about my prospecting up with him," I said.

"I don't have anything to arrest any o-." He was cut off by radio chatter. They needed back up because a group of armed men had broken into a church gathering.

I kept a straight face as Hale hopped in his car and took off. All our guys were there. And they were going to be arrested.