38

A couple of the Tacoma guys were down already, and Jury had everyone from Indian Hills ride out.

"If it isn't Houdini," Jury said.

"Hey man," I said. He pulled me into a hug and congratulated me.

"I might need your skill set," he said.

"You know where to find me," I said as Happy walked over with two beers.

"Jury," Happy said with a nod. Happy handed me one of the beers and one of the croweaters handed one to Jury and he got distracted. I laughed a little as I leaned into Happy. We walked around and talked to people for about an hour or so without issue.

There were a couple of fights that all were entertaining to watch but nothing amazing.

I was talking to Happy and Tig when one of the guys from Indian Hills decided to run his mouth.

"Who gave a kutte to a gash?" He asked loudly, breaking through the noise of the crowd clear as day. Happy growled and I slapped him gently.

"I got it babe," I said, handing him my beer.

"I earned it."

"We don't vote in women," he said. I walked towards him a few steps and steeled my nerves. He was bigger than me, probably about Tig's size.

"I'm not just any woman, asshole," I said. "Name's Houdini."

"That supposed to mean something?"

"You're new. Got it. Look, this is actually my patch in party. I had to take HalfSack to the ring just to get to prospect. I'd be happy to settle this with a fight," I said.

He scoffed.

"Opie," I yelled. He was already watching as was everyone else. "I want him in the ring."

"You heard her man. You know the rules. Patch in party new patches pick their fights," Opie said. Jury took the guy to the ring and Happy and Tig followed me. I slid my kutte and tank top off before taking my rings off as well.

"You've got this little girl," Happy said. I nodded and kissed his lips as he made quick work of taping my hands.

I hopped up into the ring and bounced a bit. I'd been hitting the gym so I knew I was in better shape than when I fought Sack. Lines were being drawn as SAMCRO came to my corner. Indian Hills and Tacoma were on the other side of the ring. I steadied myself and held my fists out to him to bump. He did and we started. He was angry so he started throwing punches. I dodged a couple but one got my eye and I was angry. I swung a couple of times, getting him in the face once. I tried to get an uppercut in to knock him off balance but he kept pretty well guarded. I got one to the face that must've busted my lip because I instantly tasted blood. I laughed a little and I heard commentary about me being Hap's old lady.

"Get him baby," Happy yelled. I didn't need the encouragement but I did enjoy it. I swung on him a few more times and finally got the uppercut in. He stumbled and caught himself on the side of the ring.

"What?" I asked. "I'm just a woman. You should be kicking my ass."

That provoked him. He came out me and swung, leaving his ribs exposed. I got in two quick hits to his ribs and he groaned. I chuckled and Happy jumped into the ring.

"I'm just getting started," I said with a pout as Happy stood between us.

"You kicked his ass," he said.

"Miles?"

"No," he said. "Tig and I are gonna fight. Chibs has our shit and the med kit for you."

I nodded and Happy leaned down to kiss me. "You did great little girl."

"Kick his ass," I said. Happy just nodded so I climbed out of the ring and went to Chibs who cleaned up my cuts and told me I was probably going to be bruised up for a while. I just nodded and he shook his head as I cheered loudly for my old man as he landed a series of punches to Tig's face.

"Go check on that asshole," I said, sliding my shirt and kutte back on as I took Happy's as well. I went to the ring and cheered for Happy for a few more minutes before the fight was over.

Happy jumped out of the ring and instantly threw me over his shoulder and carried me to his dorm as the guys hollered around us. He sat me down long enough to lock the door as I sat our kuttes and his shirt and rings on the dresser.

"Damn," I said. "That was hot."

"Get over here," he said, pulling me into a rough kiss.