6

I helped Half-Sack inside and got us each an ice pack from the freezer. I wrapped mine in a towel and tucked my shirt up into my bra and used my elbow to help keep it in place on my ribs while I cleaned up Half-Sack's cuts.

"Your head okay?" I asked. He nodded and groaned.

"You might have a concussion. Have Chibs look at ya okay?"

He just smiled softly and continued to sit on the couch as I went to the mirror in the bathroom to clean myself up. I was walking back to where Half-Sack was when the guys came out of church. Clay was being dragged out by Happy and Tig.

Jax walked up to me with my father as he handed me a prospect kutte.

"Change in leadership. Jax is the new president. VP vote is soon but Jax wants it to be Opie at his side."

I hugged Jax and congratulated him.

"I should be congratulating you on being the first female prospect," he said. "Go tell your big brother."

"I need some rest if that's okay," I said. He nodded. I went over to where Chibs was checking out Sack.

"He gonna be okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," Chibs said. "Let me see your ribs. We all heard 'em snap."

I lifted my shirt to show him my ribs and he grimaced a little at the bruising already forming.

"They're just bruised."

"I think they're broken," he said. "You need a doctor."

"No I don't," I said.

He shook his head and told me to wait where I was. I sat down next to Half-Sack and waited.

When Happy walked in with my father I knew I was done for.

"Up," he said. I stood up and he grabbed my shirt, lifting it.

He muttered fuck under his breath. My father just shook his head.

"Let's go," Happy said.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Edith Marie, either take yourself to the hospital or I will let Happy drag you out," my father said.

"Okay," I said. "What am I supposed to say though?"

"Tell 'em you got into a fight with a hang around," my dad said. I nodded and headed out to my bike, sliding my prospect kutte on for the short drive to St. Thomas's ER. When I walked in, they saw me pretty quick. Unfortunately Tara Knowles was the doctor I saw.

She knew something was up but bought the story.

"They're broken. Take it easy," she said.

I agreed and took the pain medication knowing I wouldn't take it. She gave me my discharge instructions and I left in the early afternoon.

I opted to just head straight to Opie's and see him. I took my kutte off and locked it in a saddle bag on my bike. I went to the door but Opie met me there.

"Little sis," he yelled, hugging me tightly.

"Ope, my ribs are broken," I said.

"Who?" He asked.

"I'm prospecting. I had to fight Half-Sack but I got my kutte," I said.

"Edith, that's amazing," he said.

"Thanks," I said. "It's all I've wanted the last three years."

"Dad called. Jax is the new President and he wants me at his right," he said.

"I think you should Ope. This half in half out shit don't work. You know that."

He nodded and looked inside the door, making sure Donna wasn't listening.

"It's all you've ever wanted bro," I said. He nodded again.

"Maybe you shouldn't see Donna and the kids all busted up," he said.

"Agreed. Way to change the subject on me," I said. "Glad you made it out."

"You too kid," he said.

I hugged him again.

"I'm gonna head out. Consider it. Please."

He nodded and kissed my head before I took off back down the stairs. I saw Donna watching from the window so I drove around the corner and stopped there to put my kutte on.