Time

I carry Sophie down the steps having just woke her up

I carry Sophie down the steps having just woke her up. The moment we enter the kitchen Henry opens his arms for her. Smiling at the duo Sophie snuggled into him and Henry drinking his coffee while reading the paper. "What are we feeling like" "pancakes eggs fruit I could do an omelet" I ask "I could go for an omelette what about it princess" she doesn't say anything just nods. I start to pull ingredients out "want the usual" I ask Henry who nods making me pull the onion, spinach, tomatoes, "want pineapples" I ask pulling it out to put it in Sophie's "no" I nod I make Sophie's first adding the pineapples. The sweetness entices her to eat it. Also she loves pineapples. When it was done I put it on a plate with a knife and fork. Henry gets to cutting it up while I begin to make his. I walk over passing him a plate before sitting beside him at the table with my own.

Sophie sat on the couch as I do her hair she wanted a braid that goes into buns. She was all cleaned up wearing a nice dress with tights on underneath. I always made sure she wore tights if she wore a skirt or dress, I knew how active her and Makayla are.

I walk up the steps beside Henry having dropped Sophie off and now we were ready to work. Intelligence didn't have a case so that meant I could just sit in my office working on my favourite case, the one I was going to solve.

I stare in shock as Al pulls my whiteboard out of my office. "Hey don't blame me blame your husband" he said "thought you might like a hand and that way they stop complaining about how bored they are" henry shrugged "your telling me Lillie has been working on a case and I'm bored out of my mind here" Adam said "you could have come asked I'm always working on something" I reply "your clearing your brothers name" Jay said bewildered looking at my timeline "yep even though there a photo and surveillance camera they need a viable new suspect...of course my knowledge of what happened that night doesn't count so my sister Kat did it I just need to find the evidence which is what I was doing" I shrug glancing at Henry "oh she also kidnapped her kids and lied in court but that's a totally different thing" I add quickly "where would your sister hide stuff" "not in the house that's for sure I have looked" I frown "could be anywhere" "so we look into who she was back then friends where she hid you name it" Henry said smiling at me. I knew he was doing this for me, I was never letting this go.

The day was a haze everyone was buzzing having finally something other than the endless amount of paperwork. It was now coming close to pick up. I grab my keys and phone. I knock on the wall "I'm grabbing soph you want me to get you anything" Henry shakes his head "I'm good you coming back here with her" "I don't know I'll message you though left my laptop in the draw if I don't come back could you bring it home" he nods getting up and kissing me "call me if you need anything even if it's just to tell you about life back then" he nods we kiss one last time before I race out of the room.

I walk through the halls smiling "mummy" Sophie yells jumping into my arms "hey baby girl" I held her tightly before she races over grabbing her bag. I held her hand as we walk out of the school "and than I copy Kayla and I did it I did it without help" she skips not letting go of my hand smiling gleefully "that's amazing you will have to show me later" she nods smiling so much like her dad "and Tommy was a meanie but when he found out I'm friends with Kayla and Annabelle he left me alone Anna also said that she would get her big brothers involved if he annoyed us again" I nod "what about Max" "his a bit weird but Luke is cool we he lets me play sometimes but his friends call me a baby at least until they heard Max call me Voight he did it to annoy me now they say I'm horrible I not horrible right" she looks up at me curiously "don't listen to them" I shrug "you just focus what you and Kayla like" she nods smiling "Adam" he looks up at me "you know I could have grabbed her" I say watching the two girls hugging and talk like they haven't seen each other in weeks. "It's ok plus I kinda needed to stretch my legs" he shrugs "Adam can we go get milkshakes with Soph and Lillie" "please Ace please" the two girls beg I laugh "when we're you going to tell me about this" Sophie gasps "it's ok lovey we can get milkshakes what flavour" "strawberry" she shouts "come on Ace" she grabs Adams arm dragging him towards the parking lot "ok ok we'll see you" he glances at me "cafe by the park" I say "let me guess in Bridgeport near your place" "it's like two minutes away" "without traffic" he reminds me smirking causing me to laugh.

I smile gleefully watching the two girls. The were running around and doing cartwheels "we aren't going back are we" I shake my head "nope unless you want to Sop is real keen to go wants to see what her daddy uncle Jay, Ace, Kimmy, blonde girl hailey and kev" "blond girl hailey" "yeah been calling her that since she met her" he laughs "oh how the tables have turned" "what miss being fake police" he laughs shaking his head.