The pain

I held Sophie's hand

I held Sophie's hand. As we walk through the hospital. I stop picking her up "now baby there are lots of wires and machines that make all sorts of noises. It may look scary but those machines and wires keep them alive so maybe they can come back to us" I explain to Sophie "I'll be there the whole time" I promise before walking into Justin's room with her. I thought it might be easier to see Justin first, help her understand what's going on. Before I take her to see Henry if I take her. Her reaction will depend on that. Henry had more wires and machines.

I felt her arms squeeze be a bit tighter when we saw him. I sat in the chair beside him, holding her tightly. Erin was upstairs with Henry. "Tin be ok" "right now yeah his ok his just asleep so his body can heal" she nods her tearful eyes watch her big brother. "Oh I can come back" Olive said pausing as she came in. She had Daniel in her arms "no come in" I said weakly smiling "hi Soph" she said Sophie just waved "you can touch him be gentle though" I told Sophie as I lean forward holding his hand. Sophie following my action stroking his hand gently. "I need my tin" she said so innocently I kiss her head sighing. "I know I need him to we all do" I told her "want me to take him" I ask Olive gesturing to Daniel "think she's had enough for now might walk around or something before we see Henry" she nods "have some alone time with him" I add she gently passes Daniel. I stand at the end of the hospital bed holding him, Sophie holding my hand "thank you" she said "anything you need you ask...you want me to take him I can don't hesitate" "your husband is upstairs" "even so I need to be with Soph just as much if not more I also would love to hug this guy" I assured her i turn to leave "call me when you want him back take all the time you need" she smiles nodding.

I was pushing Sophie and Daniel on the swings at the park which was out the back of the hospital. I don't know if it's apart of the hospital or not. "Rennie" Sophie squeals jumping off the swing causing her to fall but she gets right back up before running over to her. "Olive said you had him thought I would come see" she told me holding Sophie close. "Did you see daddy is he ok" Sophie asks before I can answer. I just push Daniel. Erin looks stunned not aware I told Sophie. "I did see daddy his not ok right now but he has Will and con con all looking after him making sure his ok"  she told Sophie who nods thoughtfully "Will he be ok I need daddy" the question broke my heart more than it already was. "Our daddy is very tough and strong he will be ok but right now he needs us to be strong" "I be strong for mummy she needs lots of cuddles daddy can't cuddle her like he always does" I held back a sob picking Daniel up. "And tin he has to be ok for fly Ollie and Dan as well as me where is fly" "Flynn is with Charlie baby he doesn't want to see his dad or grandpa just yet" she nods "maybe I can go with him" I weakly smile "I be brave for fly just like daddy would" she smiles gleefully at the idea. Oh how she's like Henry, that's exactly what he would do. I don't know if she would do it she's six after all but just how much alive they are brought tears to my eyes. She's six her seventh birthday is coming up and they probably won't be there. That thought broke my broken heart. "We'll asks him baby" I tell her making her nod. I didn't know how she was like really was. She kept bouncing between happy as sunshine and sad as rain. I don't think I will ever understand or want to.