A wake

I was beside Henry

I was beside Henry. My heart ached we were all shells, me and Sophie mainly but everyone else felt it. How different it was without Henry at the district, how many people they had to let go because he wasn't there sending fear into criminals.

With one hand in Henry's and the other turning the pages. "Princess" I jump hearing a raspy that I love so so much. He starts coughing "Con" I call seeing said man walk past. "What's up oh" he starts working on Henry quickly. "I'm so glad your ok" tears of joy escape my eyes "don't celebrate yet Lillie he isn't out of the woods yet" I heard the underlying meaning he was saying. Henry being awake could be temporary. It also told me I couldn't bring Sophie here. She would get so excited and if this could be temporary it will crush her.

Henry forced himself to sit up a groan alerting me. "Stop you need rest" "how long" I sigh "a month but everything is fine I made sure they didn't replace you well me and Al did" he nods I can tell he wants to force himself up and walk out "you aren't leaving this bed" he scoffs "I mean it I will handcuff you if I have to" he sighs seeing how serious I was. It's not that he hated hospitals more that he just didn't know how to stop working. "I was so worried" I rest my head on the bed feeling his hand play with it. "Justin is downstairs they found him...I showed up he was shot in the head" I gasp "his in a coma downstairs Olive hadn't left him I've been going between here and there Erin's here helping me and Olive with Daniel and Sophie well at this point it's mainly just Daniel as Sophie is staying with anyone she wants pretty sure she stayed with Mouch and Trudy last week because he seemed cool no other reason she hasn't stopped talking about Trudy's boyfriend" he smiles "we're ok I promise" he squeezes my hand I pull my hand out messaging Erin to leave Sophie and Daniel with Ellie or someone and come to the hospital but not tell Sophie. "Erin should be here soon. Ellie is also in town" "I missed her birthday" "yeah she wasn't impressed but Flynn saved the day. We filmed everything and when your better you have to take her on a daddy daughter day" he smiled "can't wait to see the chaos that they got up to" "well Eddie was in charge so" he would normally laugh but he didn't. "I love you Henry" he smiles the smile very few get to see. "Love you more Lillie" I desperately wanted to kiss him. I knew I shouldn't but I did. Just a quick one I didn't want him holding his breath to long.

"Ellie's watching Daniel and Sophie is trying to get" she paused seeing Henry looking at her. "I'm not imagining this right" "no his awake bit loopy so take full advantage of him" she laughs, Henry has a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. "Hey I'll go sit with Justin for a bit" "you don't have to" Erin said immediately "no it's ok I've been talking to him for a while just don't tell Sophie yet Con said it could be temporary" "it's not" Henry assured I smile walking out.

"How is he" "the same there actually asking if we should turn life support off I didn't know they said because I married him I have to" "Olive I won't resent you or any of us you do what's best you married him that makes your decision the most important" she weakly smiles "I don't want to say goodbye" "so don't I will always come as long as here do what you believe to be right" she nods wiping her eyes "how's Hank" "his awake but Connor my godson told me it could be temporary" "so why are you here" "Erin's up there thought I would pay him a visit" "wait who has Daniel" "Ellie don't worry we wouldn't leave him with a just anyone" "I know and I know that even if I don't know the person his safe I'm his mother though" "I know I feel the same way about Sophie and him only I can't protect him from everything but from what I heard Ellie and Danny are playing with the cats" she smiles nodding "who has Soph" I laugh "at this point I don't know but I do know she was with Adam earlier so she's safe she's trying to sleepover at everyone's house although she's complaining that she doesn't see Mowgli Myrtle duchess and Frank" "I thought she was named tiger" "duchess to everyone but Soph apparently" I roll my eyes thinking of my stubborn child one of my stubborn children. "How are you doing" "I'm ok" "are you sure because your just as important as him you also have a baby relying on you" "you have Sophie" "don't think she's really relying on me considering she's on a mission to sleep over at everyone's house but yeah" she lets out a laugh "I'm fine" I nod "we'll I'm here for you just as you have been for me" she nods her hand rubbing Justin's lifeless one.

"Hey good news" Adam asks looking around "his awake" I told the team who were all in the waiting room. "Con said it could only be temporary but for now it's looking good and I'm hopeful" I added quickly. "Erin's up with him but no telling Soph" I point to each and every single one. They all nod before making their way up to see Henry. "You ok Ma" Adam asks pausing before following after the team. I hug him "I'm perfect go up and see him" I said letting him go "you alright" I ask seeing him hesitating "just missing your cooking" I smile "I'll be sure to cook for you soon" I assure him hugging him one last time.