One Week

It had been a week

It had been a week. Neither Henry or Justin's situation had changed. Henry had flatlined once but they got him back. I wanted to be there but I needed to be there for Sophie. She stopped sleeping because she was so worried about Henry and Justin. She's also become so emotional. So I made the decision to be there for her, I made certain that she always had someone to rely on no matter what. We would alternate eating dinner with Justin and Henry before going home to sleep, the doctors sending me a thousand messages throughout the night updating me. Always calling with the most important news. I spend most of my time at the hospital. I could barely bring myself to go into intelligence these days because he wasn't there. I sigh getting up driving over to the district. Adam had messaged me saying he picked Sophie up. I didn't want Sophie at the hospital all day, no one could watch her today. So I made the decision to send her to school. She had been going on and off since she found out. Everyone at the school knew, I told them when I took her in. I also put the entire unit on her pick up list, Cindy already on it as she took her some afternoons. They all took turns picking Sophie up when she was at school. If she wasn't the teacher would give Adam or Kim stuff to pass on but they never expected her to do it. More like she could in her spare time type of thing.

I stare at the stairs for a moment before sighing and going up. I hesitate at the gate. The little voice telling me he wouldn't be here. I think that was the worst fact he wouldn't be there. "Come on" Trudy said coming beside me. I glance at her smiling "I'm his won't be here" "I know think it's weird for everyone he practically lived in that office" I nod she puts the code in opening the gate for us. "Lillie" Makayla yelled wrapping her arms around me tightly "I could have brought her down" Adam immediately said "I had to grab some things from his office" I said quietly "Soph was sad today I try to make her happy but nothing worked she said only her daddy and Tin could" Makayla told me I lean down kissing her head "thank you for looking out for her your a really good person Kayla" she smiles nodding "she's in his office" Jay said told me I take a breath walking over. I knock on the door resting my head against the door. I see Sophie wrapped up in his police jacket sleeping in his chair. In her hand was his chain, it remained in this office always. It had the two square plaque things that had the kids footprints from when they were babies with their names below. There were two little circles maybe a nickel size with their names, dates, weight, height all the info. There was also a little circle for Erin, not that she knew until recently. And finally as a key chain she gave him about how his daughter stole his heart. Sophie never takes the love heart necklace that joins to it off.

She was clutching it for dear life sleeping in a spot that he rarely ever leaves

She was clutching it for dear life sleeping in a spot that he rarely ever leaves. I sigh walking over "hey baby" I stroke her hair "I'm sorry I was sad and miss daddy and tin" she goes to take the jacket off "hey it's ok if anyone is allowed to wear his jacket it's you baby girl you don't have to take it off until he tells you" she nods "maybe not to school don't want to get it dirty" I add "yeah I found this" he held up his chain that I had seen him fiddle with more than anything. "You know this is the most important object to him" she nods "he never let anyone touch it I remember when Adam touched it along time ago when it was just Justin's on there your daddy wasn't happy" "he scared ace didn't he" "your daddy doesn't have to try hard to scare people" she giggles the first time I heard her giggle since I told her.

We were looking at a photo from not long after she was born it had the entire family in it. "Daddy is smiling Fly told me he only smiles for his favourite girls" "he sometimes smiles when a bad guy gets in trouble as well" she nods "Tin man promised to take me to the fair" she pouts "well I think you can ask anyone out there and they will happily take you as for tin if he gets better he will take you to any fair after if he gets better might be a little while though but until he and daddy can you got so many people who will do anything you ask" "anything" I nod causing her to smile "I have wanted to go shopping you think they will go I know Ace doesn't like it but daddy always took me to get a new jacket before and then we go to the aquarium...Ohh do you think I should play school daddy and tin were going to come but now" "even if they can't we will make sure to video it so you can watch it with them. You just have to ask you won't know until you do" she jumps up stumbling on the jacket making me move to help her fix it before she rushes out. She stumbled into the wall making the glass rattle and everyone look at her. "Daddy take me to get a new jacket before we go to the aquarium can one of you bring me..also I play soccer tin and daddy wanted to come but mummy said they may not so can you guys come mummy said we can film it to show them later also tin was going to take me to the fair can you guys take me I think tin would like to hear me tell him about it also I might get a present for him" she said it was like word vomit all at once. They all however seemed totally onboard with the idea "ohh and we invite con con and Will...you think will will like it" she added smiling happily aiming the last bit to Jay who shrugged. She was happy, a true kind of happy. One that I don't know if I would feel again unless Henry comes back. Take that back unless Henry and Justin because yes I would better with Henry by my side but I never would be truely happy until my family was whole again.